Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Axmann

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2009
My anatomy teacher allows students to go with him on coroner's cases occasionally, and the way he picks is by sending an email to everyone, and the first 5 that respond get picked. I'm trying to develop a way for my phone to ring an alarm whenever I get an email from my instructor that includes the string "CORONER" in any form. Does anyone know how I could do this with either an iPad, iPod Touch, or an Android phone?

eric/

Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
My anatomy teacher allows students to go with him on coroner's cases occasionally, and the way he picks is by sending an email to everyone, and the first 5 that respond get picked. I'm trying to develop a way for my phone to ring an alarm whenever I get an email from my instructor that includes the string "CORONER" in any form. Does anyone know how I could do this with either an iPad, iPod Touch, or an Android phone?

Overly complicating things. Just set your phone to ring when you receive new emails.

Axmann

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2009
Overly complicating things. Just set your phone to ring when you receive new emails.
I want to set it up so it rings with a loud alarm and wakes me up when I receive the email, and I don't want it to alert me for any other emails. He does his coroner cases usually around 3-4 in the morning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.