Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kallyq

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
So, I have an iPad 4 and notice when scrolling through the forums that there is stuttering or jiggering, it is not smooth. My 3 did not do this. It also seems really hot. Is anyone else getting the jitteriness when scrolling? It's is my second one and they both did this.

KingArthurVI

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2011
Penang, Malaysia
I have an ipad 4 too and mine experiences scroll lag when I scroll through the App Store (wtf?) and sometimes websites too. I hope this is a software issue and will be fixed soon.

jomirrivera

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2011
I have an ipad 4 too and mine experiences scroll lag when I scroll through the App Store (wtf?) and sometimes websites too. I hope this is a software issue and will be fixed soon.

ugh...the apps store!
it takes like 10 to 15 seconds just to load!

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
my iPad 4 got REALLY hot when just web browsing (hotter than the iPad 3 i used to have), wifi sync wasn't working, and it just seemed sluggish overall. i knew something was odd.

i wiped the device clean and restored it again. all problems were solved. however i still didn't see the extra speed i was hoping for and decided to return it and get an iPad 3 64GB LTE-Verizon refurb for $679 instead

i think iOS 6 is to blame regarding speed performance - i find it to be a very clunky iOS version overall. my opinion is based on ownership of an iPad 2 and iPad 3 both running iOS 5.1.1 , and then also owning an iPad Mini and iPad 4 running iOS 6. the iPad 2 with the A5 1st gen runs better than my iPad Mini did with A5 2nd gen. the only difference between the iPad 2 and iPad Mini really is the iOS version. i'm convinced iOS 6 is to blame.

you're probably wondering why i own so many iPads. i gave the iPad 2 to my brother. i bought an iPad 3 only to have the iPad 4 be announced 3 weeks later. apple allowed me to return it and pre-order the iPad 4. i got the iPad 4 and i wasn't satisfied (see above) so i returned it for an iPad Mini. the iPad Mini is great but there is light bleed all over the place and i can't justify spending $659 without Retina. so i returned it and got an iPad 3 64GB LTE refurb instead for $20 more ($679). that seems to be the best value and i'm glad i am back to the jailbreak with BTC Mouse app that allows me to turn my iPad into a fully functional laptop replacement.

Last edited:

stuaz

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
I agree the App store takes ages to load now. Preferred the old version, especially for searching. Don't like the "tile" per app.

anubis1980

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
I get this too, on safari etc. I spoke to Apple about this. I used to have ipad 3 , got this issue after ios 6 so upgraded to ipad 4. Have had two of these and had the same stuttering, Its an IOS issue. I am hoping they fix it in 6.1 as its very annoying!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.