Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flyers66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2012
So I sent an email last night to a friend through my Iphone, using my Thunderbird/gmail account...When she got it, she told my my account name (the automatic one shown from whom email is from) was misspelled by a letter...When i sent her an email the day before from my PC, my account name came out Correct on the Header...??? really weird, and concerned that someone else has my email or somehow it is getting messed up in the server or in the iPhone?? So she got MY email, but one time it had my correct spelling of my name (the one sent from the PC) and the next one my name was misspelled (sent from my iphone) So i think somewhere on my Iphone my accout name is misspelled; but can't find it anywhere!
thanks

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
Are you talking about the display name, so for example instead of saying the email is from Bob Smith (bsmith@gmail.com) it's from Bob Smoth (bsmith@gmail.com)?

Or are you saying the email address was wrong?

If it's the former, you probably have it typed wrong in your iPhone settings.

Flyers66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2012
Are you talking about the display name, so for example instead of saying the email is from Bob Smith (bsmith@gmail.com) it's from Bob Smoth (bsmith@gmail.com)?

Or are you saying the email address was wrong?

If it's the former, you probably have it typed wrong in your iPhone settings.

The first example as in Bob Smoth instead of Bob Smith (the email address is correct in both emails) I have looked everwhere in my Iphone setting as to where I would change this but i can't find it anywhere? Help?
thanks again...

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
If you go to Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars and click on the appropriate account, then click on the email address you may see an option to change the Display name (I do with gmail, but not with my work exchange account).

Flyers66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2012
If you go to Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars and click on the appropriate account, then click on the email address you may see an option to change the Display name (I do with gmail, but not with my work exchange account).

Thanks again...got it to work no-changed name in settings

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.