Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

debo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
It seems this update has been killing my batter all week. I'm currently downgrading to 6.0.2

For instance, today my phone was fully charged at 11 AM. I didn't use it much all day and it was down to 10 percent at 3. Then charged it up to 70 percent at 3 o'clock. It was dead by 9 after being in my pocket the entire time with no use whatsoever.

What's up with that?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
It seems this update has been killing my batter all week. I'm currently downgrading to 6.0.2

For instance, today my phone was fully charged at 11 AM. I didn't use it much all day and it was down to 10 percent at 3. Then charged it up to 70 percent at 3 o'clock. It was dead by 9 after being in my pocket the entire time with no use whatsoever.

What's up with that?

You cannot downgrade to 6.0.2
Signing window for that firmware version has been closed.

debo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
You cannot downgrade to 6.0.2
Signing window for that firmware version has been closed.

Seriously? I just got done downloading it. My phone is worthless after a couple of hours currently.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
It seems quite a few users are experiencing battery woes !

Im on 6.1 and get a full days usage with what i see as moderate usage.

Mavimao

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2005
Lyon, France
I just want to chime in and say that I've seen a slight but noticeable increase in battery time with my contract free GSM iphone 5 when I upgraded to iOS6.1.

Sorry to hear about your woes!

iHeartapple2

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Make sure you have closed all of your apps out in the dock and then charge to 100%. I usually let my phone continue to charge at 100% until I see the battery icon change. The battery icon shows a lightning symbol when charging and when the phone is completely charged that lightning symbol will change to what looks like a plug indicating a fully charged battery. I also make sure that once a month I completely drain the battery and then fully charge to keep the battery calibrated correctly. Also make sure you have bluetooth off when you're not using it and if you have a iPhone 5 and live in an area that doesn't have LTE I would turn than off as well. There are other things that you can turn off to conserve battery life but my thinking is if you turn off all that stuff then what's the point of even having an iPhone? I have a iPhone 5 and upgraded to 6.1 and I can go 2 days on a charge with moderate use but I could do this before 6.1 so I don't see any real change.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Seriously? I just got done downloading it. My phone is worthless after a couple of hours currently.

Yep, the days where you just download the ipsw and select the firmware with itunes are over like 3+ years ago.
I'd suggest you restore and setup as new.
Sounds like you have a bug somewhere that's causing this battery issue. Hope you dont believe that all iphones on 6.1 behave like that and its 6.1 that supposed to eat up your battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.