Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

View Poll Results: Have you traded your replacement iPod nano?
Yes, sold it straight away 1 12.50%
Yes, it's on sale now 0 0%
No, but I am considering it 3 37.50%
No, wouldn't dream of it 4 50.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 1, 2012, 07:23 AM   #1
Confuzzzed
macrumors 68000
 
Confuzzzed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Liverpool, UK
iPod nano replacement programme - who has sold theirs?

So with all the interest last year - will they, won't they - most of us now have our replacements to hand. Brand spanking new 6th generation iPods to replace a 6-7 year old gadget that was gathering dust in the drawer of most people's desks. How many people have gone ahead and sold their replacements, be it on ebay or craigs list of whatever?

I have because with 2 iPhones, an iPad and an iPod Touch in the house, we don't need the nano any more. And have used the proceeds to part fund the new iMac which I am hoping to buy when the refresh takes place.
Confuzzzed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 07:27 AM   #2
MonkeySee....
macrumors 68040
 
MonkeySee....'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzzzed View Post
So with all the interest last year - will they, won't they - most of us now have our replacements to hand. Brand spanking new 6th generation iPods to replace a 6-7 year old gadget that was gathering dust in the drawer of most people's desks. How many people have gone ahead and sold their replacements, be it on ebay or craigs list of whatever?

I have because with 2 iPhones, an iPad and an iPod Touch in the house, we don't need the nano any more. And have used the proceeds to part fund the new iMac which I am hoping to buy when the refresh takes place.
How much did you get for it? I'm not sure wether to sell it or just give it as a present?
__________________
If you’re busy making everything, how can you perfect anything? - Apple

Always keep the rhythm in your feet and a little party in your shoulders. - Phil Dunphy
MonkeySee.... is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 07:43 AM   #3
Confuzzzed
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
Confuzzzed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Liverpool, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySee.... View Post
How much did you get for it? I'm not sure wether to sell it or just give it as a present?
Sold it on amazon and got (net of amazon fees and P&P) £76
Confuzzzed is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 07:47 AM   #4
MonkeySee....
macrumors 68040
 
MonkeySee....'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzzzed View Post
Sold it on amazon and got (net of amazon fees and P&P) £76
oh ok, thats not too bad. I may take a look.
__________________
If you’re busy making everything, how can you perfect anything? - Apple

Always keep the rhythm in your feet and a little party in your shoulders. - Phil Dunphy
MonkeySee.... is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 08:07 AM   #5
Confuzzzed
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
Confuzzzed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Liverpool, UK
Also considered giving it as a present but in the end it is the kind of thing that presentationally someone may have expected it to come in the apple packaging rather than a brown unmarked postage box with some foam padding!! So pulled the trigger and listed it but had to wait a while to get someone buying it at the price I wanted. There are plenty of people selling theirs for £60
Confuzzzed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 07:04 PM   #6
Cookierachas
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
The only reason I participated in the program was so I can use the new nano as a watch
So far it's pretty cool
__________________
2010 21.5 inch iMac, 16gb WiFi iPad 2, 160gb iPod Classic, 16gb 4G 3rd Generation iPad, 16gb iPhone 3GS
Cookierachas is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Tags
ipod, marketplace, nano, replacement

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone 5 power button replacement programme: how long? YanniDepp iPhone 3 May 10, 2014 02:27 AM
Ipod Nano Replacement Program MPB11 iPod 4 Sep 19, 2013 12:45 AM
Just sold my 4S, can't decide on the replacement T5BRICK Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 26 Jun 4, 2013 10:04 AM
Need to find replacement glass for iPod Nano 6g Orange Furball iPod 1 Mar 10, 2013 07:14 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC