Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old May 18, 2013, 10:15 PM   #51
eyoungren
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max(IT) View Post
Disabled to save battery life ....
I have it on. But I also have Hands-Free Control (jailbreak tweak). With Hands-Free I can simply say "Siri" to get Siri's attention, then when it responds speak my query. Don't have to touch my iPhone at all.

I use an Activator action to switch Hands-Free on/off when I like and it automatically turns on when I plug in power and off when I switch to battery.

Any other time, all I have to do is like normal, press the Home button twice.

No hit on battery life for me. Although, Hands-Free Control uses an active listener so if you leave it on when your iPhone isn't plugged in that could impact battery life.
eyoungren is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 02:35 PM   #52
davistld01
macrumors 6502

Dumbest gimmick ever. People look idiotic using it...asking phone questions. Besides, it's a battery hog. I keep it turned off.
davistld01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 02:53 PM   #53
Italianblend
macrumors 65816

It's a sorry excuse for voice control that Apple brilliantly used as the main selling point for a phone upgrade. It worked. We were all awed at the keynote. It's still in beta almost 2 years later.

Yes, it schedules appointments and tells you to bring an umbrella today. Wow. 2013 and we can voice control a calendar event!
Italianblend is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 03:35 PM   #54
Sedrick
macrumors 68030

I don't get where some people swear by it and it never makes a mistake, plays the wrong song, calls the wrong person, sends a mis-typed text, just perfect in every way.

And then the other half say it's never right and is always goofing up. I played with it enough to know I wasn't going to rely on it getting important things right the first time, because it usually doesn't.
Old May 19, 2013, 03:58 PM   #55
Marco123
macrumors 6502

It can not even get my wife's name correct, ever!
I find it frustrating and one of the worse ideas apple have brought out.
Google search gets my wife's name first time and shows just how far ahead google are with this type of thing.
Apple should just pay up and use google services integrated into ios, they could then use the teams that update maps and siri into doing something that just works.
Apple got to big for their boots and need brought back down to earth. It will be interesting to see where they go but I honestly think they've had their time in the limelight.
Marco123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 05:33 PM   #56
Grolubao
macrumors 6502a

Gimmick, never used. First thing I turned off on my iPhone 5
Grolubao is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 05:59 PM   #57
adcx64
macrumors 65816

Honestly its faster for me to google what I need rather than to wait and ask Siri.
adcx64 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 06:35 PM   #58
3rd Rock
Banned

SIRI will get better over time folks. Some just don't have the patients when it does not work 100%. I use it from time to time myself.
3rd Rock is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 06:36 PM   #59
phositadc
macrumors 6502

Is it possible to get the voice recognition (microphone) button on the keyboard if siri is disabled? I like the voice recognition button but I don't like or use siri.
phositadc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 10:03 PM   #60
ZombiePete
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Rock View Post
SIRI will get better over time folks. Some just don't have the patients when it does not work 100%. I use it from time to time myself.
If you lose patients you'll go out of business, if you're doctor or something similar.

I use it for setting reminders, reading and responding to texts, asking for directions, and stuff like that...occasionally. More often than not, it's too awkward to talk to my phone.
ZombiePete is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone