Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chibianh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 6, 2001
Colorado
What are the odds and possibility of a price drop for the iPods before christmas? I would really like to buy one for myself as well as my gf. If not, i'll just get one for myself.. lol. However, since I can't think of anything at the moment, an iPod would be a great gift (she has over a ton of mp3s).

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
Don't hold your breath. Apple usually keeps the prices constant while upping the specs. Possibly a sale or little special around the holidays but not more I think.

daniel77

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2002
seattle, wa
since apple has its own niche market it does not have to cater to the mass market/media and therefore doesnt have to lower their prices every other week like DELL, not that theres anything wrong with that. :p

chibianh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 6, 2001
Colorado
actually, it's all on her Dell laptop.. ;)

Anyway, are there any online sites u would recommend with good new/refurbished windows ipods?

Inhale420

macrumors regular
May 4, 2002
looking at the competition to the ipod, like tha crappy toshiba ripoff, apple has no reason to lower their prices just yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.