Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Apr 24, 2012, 01:24 AM   #1
Sorpasso
macrumors newbie

Final Cut Express 4 will not open FCE4 upgrade generated files

I lost (stolen in Europe) my computer with 065-6687 Final Cut Express HD preinstalled. I bought Final Cut Express (Old Version) from Amazon (Apple no longer supports/sells FCE). I installed it on my new MacBook Pro 17" running Mac OS X 10.7.3 Lion. When I try to open pre-existing files I had created on my old FCE/macbook pro, I get the following prompt: "File's format is too new for this version of the application". I then installed the Final Cut Express 4 Upgrade that I had used to upgrade on my old Mac that was lost. I get the same prompt so possibly the upgrade was not properly installed. How do I upgrade so I can open and continue working on my FCE files generated using my old macbook pro and the upgraded version of FCE? Should I return the amazon bought FCE 4 and get something different, like FCE 3.5 and then upgrade?

Last edited by Sorpasso; Apr 24, 2012 at 01:28 AM. Reason: improved explanation
Sorpasso is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store