Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kx22

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2011
Hi I searched for like a whole hour but cant find a solution.
I have a Windows 7 dvd and ripped it into .iso. Now I want to make a thumbfile on my USB 8GB, so I can boot from the USB to install Windows 7. But all the solutions are windows based. I don't have Windows computer. This Air is my only Mac and i don't own a superdrive. Now what?!

Please no parallels of vmware solutions.

Thanks,
Kx22

mehmetf

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2010
Hi I searched for like a whole hour but cant find a solution.
I have a Windows 7 dvd and ripped it into .iso. Now I want to make a thumbfile on my USB 8GB, so I can boot from the USB to install Windows 7. But all the solutions are windows based. I don't have Windows computer. This Air is my only Mac and i don't own a superdrive. Now what?!

Please no parallels of vmware solutions.

Thanks,
Kx22

Hi. There is a video on youtube where a guy guides through the process of installing Windows 7 on a MacBook Air without an external CD/DVD drive. I think that's what you're looking for...

He is the link to that video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmA-9apQ6kg

kx22

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2011
Hi. There is a video on youtube where a guy guides through the process of installing Windows 7 on a MacBook Air without an external CD/DVD drive. I think that's what you're looking for...

He is the link to that video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmA-9apQ6kg

I have seen this video, but for this one I need and windows pc. Im currently on a holiday and have no other pc's in the near. I cant read the language the local systems have in the internetcafe's.

CCC is not working too, i cant select the Iso and have to format my USB into HFS++. That way its impossible to boot for .exe files.

theartfulbadger

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2010

Hopefully that image works.

It's 2 macbook pros, making 2 bootable USB sticks of Windows 7, using 2 separate ISO files (one's x86, the other is x64) and they're BOTH HANGING AT THE SAME SPOT!!!!

Can someone explain this mind bending phenomenon?:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.