Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
First they should turn back to Computers instead of phones. The next they should make the OS not look like a smart phone OS. Then they should give the new iMac its Firewire800 port back (Audio people who have Audio-Interfaces with Firewire400, not only need FW800 adapter, no they need to buy a pricy thunderbolt to FW adapter. More adapters makes connection worse.) They should make the RAM User accessable again. They should not make the new iMac thinner for iphone idiots and instead put the optical drive back in or use the space for more Hard-drive options or better cooling for GPU/CPU. They should use a real GPU in the mac mini. They should make drop the iMac price back to were it always was. Financial crisis can't be the reason (at least, when you have put the price very high before for Hardware that every Windows-PC uses and you have that big stock exchange rates).

What do I do with my external Firewire enclosures btw.?

A Screen size between 21 and 27 inch would also be nice.

When this is bettered, they can start creating one more fancy thing for generation iPhone.

Oh and they could better their support. Employ technicians who really know what they are talking about, like having studied it and not just "have you restarted the Mac?", "did you run repair permissions?" "did you do a pram reset?" "oh, hm then I don't know"

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
If it bothers you so much email Tim Cook. Starting a petition isn't going to accomplish anything.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
First they should turn back to Computers instead of phones. The next they should make the OS not look like a smart phone OS. Then they should give the new iMac its Firewire800 port back (Audio people who have Audio-Interfaces with Firewire400, not only need FW800 adapter, no they need to buy a pricy thunderbolt to FW adapter. More adapters makes connection worse.) They should make the RAM User accessable again. They should not make the new iMac thinner for iphone idiots and instead put the optical drive back in or use the space for more Hard-drive options or better cooling for GPU/CPU. They should use a real GPU in the mac mini. They should make drop the iMac price back to were it always was. Financial crisis can't be the reason (at least, when you have put the price very high before for Hardware that every Windows-PC uses and you have that big stock exchange rates).

What do I do with my external Firewire enclosures btw.?

A Screen size between 21 and 27 inch would also be nice.

When this is bettered, they can start creating one more fancy thing for generation iPhone.

Oh and they could better their support. Employ technicians who really know what they are talking about, like having studied it and not just "have you restarted the Mac?", "did you run repair permissions?" "did you do a pram reset?" "oh, hm then I don't know"

Oh, so you want Apple to die a slow painful death uh ?

That's what happens when you concentrate on the 10% rather than the 90%. Apple is focused on what's important, and right now, that's not desktop/laptops (especially not desktops). That's how Apple is able to make all that profit. If they were to do as you say, then they would find themselves in a heap of trouble with investors (and 90% of their revenue generating customers).

As for the OP. The "one more thing" comes ever so often.

2001 - iPod
2007 - iPhone
2010 - iPad

We've had 3 in the last 12 years. The last one was barely 2-3 years ago. Give it time, it will come.

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
@NightWRX
Come on, what I am wishing is nothing that would harm any investor or the main market. It's pretty easy just keeping one FW port and the optical drive AND! keep the RAM User servicable. Also it would have been easy to not further slim the iMac (while this is a trick, it looks like paper from 10° perspective, but the more you get arround to the back you see the belly. I like a smoothly growing line more than a curve). They could have invested the gained room not into pushing the case nearer to the parts, but keeping the room for cooling. A cooler, that is quieter iMac would have been something for the investors like "wow, even more quiet? The quietest desktop Computer on the market, even more quiet?"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.