Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joaep2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2012
Hi all,

I recently received RON Gold as a gift. It is the Mac version, by MacSoft. I have a MacBook Pro, running OS X 10.6.8. Rosetta, the software commonly used to run older Mac discs on newer Macs, exists on my computer from a 2010 update.
I put the CD in the disc drive, the disc spins up for about a second, at which point I hear a tiny click (not a good click but a click that makes me think the CD might be too big for the CD drive...). After it tries two or three times, the computer spits out the disc without registering its existence.
So: first, is it a software or a hardware problem? Second, does anyone have any ideas to fix it?

Thanks!

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Sounds like your computer is having difficulties reading the disc. Try cleaning it and making sure there are no scratches. I take it your computer has no difficulties reading other disks?

Also note that 10.6.8 is the end of the road for rosetta, so if you choose to upgrade in the future you will no longer be able to use rosetta apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.