Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sk1wbw

Suspended
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
Bought a new one to replace the broken one. Now these are industrial strength brushes.

Attachments

• 10057203.jpg
    10057203.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 127

skippymac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
Hampshire, UK
I got one about a month ago. I love it, except for the utter **** they call a battery in that thing. But it's a great device. Let me know how you enjoy it.

I actually find the battery life quite good. Charging time on the other hand is appalling! Also takes an age to turn on compared to my iP5 but otherwise I am loving it!

sk1wbw

Suspended
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
I actually find the battery life quite good. Charging time on the other hand is appalling! Also takes an age to turn on compared to my iP5 but otherwise I am loving it!

Yeah you got that right. Batter takes 88 years to charge and 3 hours to discharge. How do like the screen? It's nowhere near as good as my old iPad.

skippymac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
Hampshire, UK
Yeah you got that right. Batter takes 88 years to charge and 3 hours to discharge. How do like the screen? It's nowhere near as good as my old iPad.

I find the screen pretty good actually. I don't really watch much content on it as I've been at home/work mostly since I got it so I have bigger screens to use. It's great for browsing and playing sudoku though! :p One thing I find a bit annoying is the lack of volume. The only time I tend to use internal speakers on these sort of devices is in the kitchen in the morning and it definitely can't be heard over a kettle/general people walking in and out etc.

One thing I really wish was that there were more tablet optimised magazines (and apps). I think I'd love reading magazines on it but I'm driven away by the focus on double page spreads and the like :/

sk1wbw

Suspended
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
I find the screen pretty good actually. I don't really watch much content on it as I've been at home/work mostly since I got it so I have bigger screens to use. It's great for browsing and playing sudoku though! :p One thing I find a bit annoying is the lack of volume. The only time I tend to use internal speakers on these sort of devices is in the kitchen in the morning and it definitely can't be heard over a kettle/general people walking in and out etc.

One thing I really wish was that there were more tablet optimised magazines (and apps). I think I'd love reading magazines on it but I'm driven away by the focus on double page spreads and the like :/

I'm slowly getting used to eBooks, but magazines are a huge thing for me. I don't think tablets are going to ever replace magazines. I tried out a copy of Android something or other on the Nexus 7 but it isn't the same as having the actual magazine. I'm older than most people here and still prefer a hard copy book but I'm slowly starting to like eBooks.

skippymac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
Hampshire, UK
I'm slowly getting used to eBooks, but magazines are a huge thing for me. I don't think tablets are going to ever replace magazines. I tried out a copy of Android something or other on the Nexus 7 but it isn't the same as having the actual magazine. I'm older than most people here and still prefer a hard copy book but I'm slowly starting to like eBooks.

I'm almost the opposite.

I'm a little ashamed to say I haven't really read a book for pleasure in the last 2-3 years. Even so I have to say for me I think the advantages of eBooks would be convenience/storage/instant access rather than actual reading experience.

On the other hand I would love to be able to subscribe to or buy the odd copy of a few tech/business magazines just to flick through, and if publishers start taking more advantage of tablets I'll be all over it!

Saying that though, it could lead to a lot of magazines basically becoming weekly/monthly websites...

dmrowley

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2010
Dortches, NC
Needed to get a new printer/scanner, as the Auto Document Feeder on my old Epson Perfection 810 went wonky.

Picked up a Epson Workforce WF-3520 at Office Depot. Listed for $149. Asked if they would match Amazon.com price of $119, they said no initially, but came back and agreed to.

Quite happy with it for day to day printing. The scanner does duplex, as does the printer. Hoping to come up with a good "paperless office" workflow. It supports AirPrint too! I will use the old Perfection 810 for photo quality prints.

wf3520_fca-cos-fn_396x264.jpg

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
The new rMBP came yesterday...Can't get over just how good the screen is..Also like where they have put the HDMI port..The retina aspect actually DOES compensate for real-estate, and editing photo's on this is a joy...Now I want a 27" RETINA Thunderbolt display too...:D

Attachments

• rMBP case2.png
    rMBP case2.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 139
  • rMBP case3.png
    rMBP case3.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 130

Jumpshooter43

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2013
The new rMBP came yesterday...Can't get over just how good the screen is..Also like where they have put the HDMI port..The retina aspect actually DOES compensate for real-estate, and editing photo's on this is a joy...Now I want a 27" RETINA Thunderbolt display too...:D

How do you like the speck shell? I want to get one but been to lazy to go the apple store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.