Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:08 AM   #26
holdemm
macrumors newbie

If you're looking for a cheap web hosting company then I would say that 1&1 is a good option. I got my WP site hosted with them last fall during a promotion, but I believe they still offer 99cent/month deals for unlimited webspace (ok, it goes up later, but not significantly). I'm happy with them so far as a relative newbie to website building.
holdemm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2015, 03:23 PM   #27
Michael Scrip
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfable View Post

+1 for site5.com; I do a reseller hosting plan from them - avoid GoDaddy / HostGator / Brinkster / Nails in the Forehead (in my experiences).

Whereever you get it, make sure its Linux hosting; they just seem to be better and get one that has cPanel - and not a proprietary (yes, from an Apple guy) control panel for domain management. With cPanel, and Softalicious installed, it's pretty easy to deploy a WordPress site (this comng from a guy who has grown from iWeb days -still on my rig) and is now hosting about 20 sites .

Best o'

-nf
I'm also a Site5 customer!

I've been with them for about 6 years... reseller plan, dozens of sites, etc.

Very happy!
Michael Scrip is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2015, 11:27 PM   #28
pwhitehead
macrumors regular

I like network solutions. They have great customer service and really don't regular what kind of content you can have. Companies like bluehost, you have to watch and do your research as to what states their servers are located in. This can be used against people who would like to get into the adult entertainment business.
pwhitehead is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development