Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkandula

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
Hi,

I got today hit with a mail from apple that my app is infringing with Ravensbuger "memory" rights.

Our game is titled memory++ and was running since last 2 years.

We have removed it from the German app store following a post few months ago. But today the email from apple included the following countries were

Armenia, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil,Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Equador, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Italy, Latvia,Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and Venezuela.

They are telling me to remove my app from all these countries or they will delete my app everywhere if I don't comply in 5 days !!!!

Someone please help what I can do ??

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
If it infringes, then I'm afraid your only course of action is to remove/ rename it. Apple are very fussy about this, and I'd hazard a guess that the DEV of the other application has made a formal complaint.

If you can rename it you should be okay, I'd talk to Apples development section.

samdev

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2011
How do you rename an app in 5 days? It takes me 10-12 days just to get my app reviewed.

Our game is titled memory++ and was running since last 2 years.

I'm sure you have been aware of them during this time, how could you not?
They've been around for longer than 2 years.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.