Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Trying to decide if I should buy the iPad mini or the iPad 2. My only concern is that the iPad mini is too small, what is everyones opinion?
It's only too small if you feel it's too small when you use it. Everyone has a different piont of view over what size iPad is better.

The Mini is a nice size. You may or may not like it. Go in to an Apple store and play with both of them.

mac2go

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2012
Y'all must have some big-ass pockets (pun intended) up there because my friend's Mini only just fits in my slacks front pocket. It would nbever fit in my jeans front or back pockets.

Jackets vary, for example it would fit in some of my jackets but not all of them, but even that is not a year round solution as its too hot to wear a jacket in the summer down here.

Could always sew on some big-ass pockets on the back, a 6" on the left and 8" on the right and toss in any iPad :D

mac00l

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2011
IMO iPad mini is more future proof than the iPad 2. They got the same specs, but the smaller screen of the mini to be driven by the processor, makes it more snappy.

That being said I was in your same dilemma yesterday.

My sister got an iPad 2 and I played with it for a while and is a little heavy to do serious reading and as a couch companion. Therefore I ordered an iPad mini.

But that is just me. My sister was looking for a substitute for her netbook and the iPad was the right choice. I was looking for a device sitting in between my MBP and my iPhone 5. The iPad mini fits just in.

Corax

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2009
Willemstad - Curaçao
I'm also from the Northern side of the country and there is no way the Mini fits in my pockets........I could POSSIBLY shoe horn it into my inside jacket pocket, but there is absolutely no way I'd fit it in any pocket in jeans/slacks/khakis......maybe my Jnco jeans from back in HS :D

attachment.php

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.