Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smileyguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
Hello, am in a bit of a pickle. I need to build a simple, good-looking website very fast, but I have no HTML skills whatsoever. I remember reading a review in a Mac magazine of a shareware program that could build customised, attractive websites. I specifically remember the reviewer being so impressed with the program that he gave it five stars. Anyone know of such a program?

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Smileyguy said:
Hello, am in a bit of a pickle. I need to build a simple, good-looking website very fast, but I have no HTML skills whatsoever. I remember reading a review in a Mac magazine of a shareware program that could build customised, attractive websites. I specifically remember the reviewer being so impressed with the program that he gave it five stars. Anyone know of such a program?

iWeb :D

Smileyguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
On a a related note, are there any logo-design shareware programs out there for macs?

Smileyguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
Two quick questions about iWeb. Firstly, how complex can websites created with it be? Can they contain five or six different pages? Secondly, can websites created with it be published anywhere or only on the .mac server?

pjo

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2006
Smileyguy said:
Two quick questions about iWeb. Firstly, how complex can websites created with it be? Can they contain five or six different pages? Secondly, can websites created with it be published anywhere or only on the .mac server?

well, you could always find out for yourself (apple.com).

zim

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2002
No html knowledge, need it fast, then I would suggest either iWeb from apple or Sandvox from Karelia. You don't need any html knowledge to use either of those and you can get as complex as you need. Of the two I prefer iWeb but Sandvox has some nice features like custom templets etc. Only your own creative ability will be the doorstop to complexity.. but always remember, simple is better KISS (keep it simple stupid).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.