Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMikeT

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2006
California
The girl I'm seeing got me the unabridged audiobook a couple months ago and now this is announced. It looks like I'll be getting this as well.... :mad:

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2003

Attachments

• stevejobscompare.jpg
    stevejobscompare.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 77

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007

Also on iBooks.

iBooks - coming soon to Macintosh.

----------

It would be nice if this greedy asswipe leeches would all just let Steve RIP.

If it's any consolation, in a 100 years they will, but they'll still be releasing bios of Lincoln.

----------

The key is to look at the nose. Kutcher's nose tilts up, whereas Job's nose tilted down.

That, and in all the videos I've seen of Steve there was never any nudity.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Is this gonna be another way like LOTR Extended version, with "x minutes more footage", just to make more money? We'll start tacking more extra stuff on, we delibratly left out for this poupose.

I've got the origional Steve Jobs bio., just havan't got round to reading it on iPad yet.

Dgail

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2011
Mt. Hood to Puget Sound
New cover with younger Steve

Is it just me, or did they photoshopped the hand into the picture in order for it to have the same "thinking" pose as the original one?

Actually, I have a copy of this on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine published on October 27, 2011.

That was oddly the issue I discovered that he was at the same junior high school as I during the same time. This culminated in an year long journey of connections to that period of my life only to find out he grew up across the street from me and that we were childhood friends.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
It may seem silly, and I really don't know why, but every time I get caught off guard by him I have the urge to tear up. I guess it'd be easier to not care as much had I lost someone previously but in my 23 years none of my family has passed. I really did like this man. He was so passionate and dedicated... I wish I'd have known him personally. My signature sums it up. :apple:

kalsta

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2010
Australia
Is the content inside the same?

Why would you make such a snarky comment? It's not uncommon for subsequent editions to have content updates.

And even if snarky, the original responder was accurate: changes to the actual content of the "body" of the book are rare, if not unseen, outside of separate editions of a book.

He needs to look up the term "revision".

Isaacson got technical details wrong in this book—things a technical editor with a half-reasonable knowledge of Apple history and technology should have picked up and corrected before it ever went to print. One that really jumped out at me is where he describes OS X as just an evolution of the old Mac OS, and says 'the NeXT OS was never really used'. It's supposedly a quote from Gates, but Isaacson runs with it as if it's true—when probably half of us here on the MacRumors forums could have told him that OS X 10.0 was NeXT OS, with design changes and compatibility with the Classic Mac and PowerPC platform built in. You'd like to think they'd have corrected major mistakes like this two years on from the first edition!

An interesting discussion of the book's shortcomings here by John Siracusa:
http://5by5.tv/hypercritical/42

And another one by John Gruber:
http://daringfireball.net/2012/02/walter_isaacson_steve_jobs

iSteve-O

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2011
The young Steve didn't pay child support and wanted nothing to do with his daughter.

The older Steve fired Pixar employees without notice or severance pay.

It's all in the book. Steve was an awesome person:rolleyes:

DigitriX

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2013
Hand looks photoshopped onto the new paperback cover.

It's not 'shopped. Here's the original photo from Normal Seeff's website.

The picture for the book cover is pretty bad lightened up and much of the highlights are gone.

KaraH

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2012
DC
Hmm, this would be a nice alternative to reading my hardcover copy. That would involve getting palmprints on my autographed copy.

Or I could finally just read the copy I have on my Kindle. :)

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2003
It's not 'shopped. Here's the original photo from Normal Seeff's website.

The picture for the book cover is pretty bad lightened up and much of the highlights are gone.

Hand should be darkened more even if, like many people in sunny California, it is lighter than his face.

Suspended
Jul 20, 2011
I admire Jobs, but Isaacson is so ego-focused, I disliked the way he wrote as he were the center of Steve Jobs' life. I honestly couldn't cope with Isaacson's "style", though I would have loved to read about Steve.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.