Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lewiguez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
Akron, OH
So, I have the 23" Cinema Display (aluminum). I'm thinking about getting an Apple TV and hooking it up to that. Is this possible? I'm concerned about HDCP primarily. What kind of adapters should I get if this is possible? Does anyone have experience with this?

HMI

Contributor
May 23, 2012
So, I have the 23" Cinema Display (aluminum). I'm thinking about getting an Apple TV and hooking it up to that. Is this possible? I'm concerned about HDCP primarily. What kind of adapters should I get if this is possible? Does anyone have experience with this?

I have an ATV3 hooked up to an old 21" VGA CRT through a "Kanex ATV Pro" adapter. It splits the digital HDCP HDMI into separate analog VGA and 3.5mm stereo audio out. Obviously, this isn't an ideal setup for image/sound quality, but works fine as a little entertainment hub in my bedroom.

This isn't exactly what you are looking for, but at least you know that the HDCP shouldn't be an issue.

Look them up on their site to see if they have the right adapter for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.