Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old May 15, 2013, 08:07 PM   #1
icebergx
macrumors regular

Links on one specific webpage won't work, regardless of browser

Hi all,
I have a problem with a particular website (www.goal.com) on my rMBP.

I'm unable to navigate to any pages on the website (apart from the main front page) because, when I click on any of the links on that page, Safari simply doesn't respond. The same happens with Chrome too!
I haven't had problems on any other web page, so it's really annoying that it occurs on one of the websites I visit the most. I can navigate to links on the page if I right-click on it and 'open link in new tab,' just not with a regular left-click.

I've tried deleting my cache, dns cache, navigation history, etc, but that hasn't resolved the problem. Any body have any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by icebergx; May 16, 2013 at 06:28 AM.
icebergx is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013, 06:32 AM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebergx View Post
Hi all,
I have a problem with a particular website (www.goal.com) on my rMBP.

I'm unable to navigate to any pages on the website (apart from the main front page) because, when I click on any of the links on that page, Safari simply doesn't respond. The same happens with Chrome too!
I haven't had problems on any other web page, so it's really annoying that it occurs on one of the websites I visit the most. I can navigate to links on the page if I right-click on it and 'open link in new tab,' just not with a regular left-click.

I've tried deleting my cache, dns cache, navigation history, etc, but that hasn't resolved the problem. Any body have any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help.
Make sure you don't have any active ad-blockers or JavaScript blockers that could be interfering. Try turning off all your Safari extensions before visiting the site.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013, 08:47 AM   #3
icebergx
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
Make sure you don't have any active ad-blockers or JavaScript blockers that could be interfering. Try turning off all your Safari extensions before visiting the site.
Thanks. Unfortunately this didn't do the trick. As I mentioned, I have the same problem on that website, when I use Chrome too, so I don't think it's a problem with the browser. Could it be something to do with the wifi connection?

Last edited by icebergx; May 16, 2013 at 09:11 AM.
icebergx is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013, 09:34 AM   #4
Fishrrman
macrumors 68040

Using a 2012 Mac Mini here, 10.8.3.

I went to the page you specified (a soccer site, right?), tried a few links.
Worked for me.
Fishrrman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013, 10:16 AM   #5
Knoodles
macrumors 6502

Not what you want to hear but no problems here either.
Maybe change your DNS settings to Open DNS or Google DNS?
Knoodles is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2014, 08:43 PM   #6
onerunner2
macrumors newbie

Same issue, different site

Have you found a fix to this problem?

I am having the same problem, for me it is when i try to navigate away from www.dealnews.com via any of it's links. No matter if I'm using safari, chrome or firefox nothing loads. I have restored my browser's to their default setting but this did not solve the issue. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the fact that when you try to navigate away from www.dealnews.com to a different site, there are a few other websites that are rapidly accessed for advertising/tracking purposes but I can't find a security setting that solves this.

Maybe related, a few months ago on amazon I was unable to view product images on the same computer, regardless of browser used. This problem "magically" solved itself after manifesting for a few weeks.
onerunner2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help