Has this been the worst year for Apple product leaks? - Page 2 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 5, 2013, 10:38 AM   #26
EvilQueen
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithePanther View Post
I just don't get why people care about leaks.
The only problem I have is that for some, it takes away "hope" that something will be the way they would like it to be. For others they see a leak and it confirms what they were hoping for and builds excitement.
EvilQueen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2013, 10:57 AM   #27
Oohara
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithePanther View Post
Yep, worst year for apple products, which is why they just recently reclaimed the spot for most valuable company.
Yeah, well that's the beauty of having one of the world's strongest brands. They can handle a year of dull products. Analysts are probably recommending investment ahead of next year when they might be back to actually showing something new and innovative, like a bigger iPhone, iWatch and a retina Mini.

Until then, they'll probably continue losing some of the smartphone market share to companies that offer bigger screen phones with a wider range of capabilities. But they'll be back in the frontline at some point and that's what people are counting on. I know I'm certainly hoping they will be. I look forward to the day when I find an iPhone exciting again
Oohara is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2013, 07:28 AM   #28
Samtb
macrumors 6502a

Do you think Apple allow some things to leak to keep up publicity and people's interest?
Samtb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2013, 07:31 AM   #29
josen
Banned

Doubling down on secrecy where it counts is happening. Well yes, we all know about the iWatch, but we have no details.

We have no details on the juicy stuff. Apple isn't going to go gung-ho on the late stuff.
josen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2013, 09:41 AM   #30
cambookpro
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samtb View Post
Do you think Apple allow some things to leak to keep up publicity and people's interest?
Almost certainly. It basically gets them free publicity and builds excitement for their new products. Sure, some, possibly most, aren't intentional (see iPhone 4 Gizmodo debacle ) but I'd bet that a lot are.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 12:01 PM   #31
jreuschl
macrumors 6502

Actually we don't even know for sure if the iPad mini retina is happening.
jreuschl is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2013, 12:07 PM   #32
Hankster
macrumors 68000

The reason there aren't many leaks is because there isn't much to leak.

iMac - MacBook Air - iPhone - iPad - Shuffle - Nikon
Hankster is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone