Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Oct 4, 2013, 11:52 AM   #1
likemyorbs
Banned

Send a message via AIM to likemyorbs
Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

How twisted of a bigot do you have to be to make a ridiculous comparison like this? I'm amazed people who think like this actually graduate law school and end up in positions of power. How frickin sick.

Quote:
Corbett was on WHP-TV in Harrisburg when an anchor asked about a statement his lawyers made in a recent court filing, comparing the marriage of gay couples to the marriage of children because neither can legally wed in the state.

"It was an inappropriate analogy, you know," Corbett said. "I think a much better analogy would have been brother and sister, don't you?"
LINK
likemyorbs is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2013, 02:29 PM   #2
lannister80
macrumors 6502

Where do they dig up these Paleolithic politicians? Yeesh, what an asshat.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 11:17 PM   #3
sviato
macrumors 68000

We really need these old guys out of politics, they're living in the past
sviato is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2013, 12:12 AM   #4
G51989
macrumors 68020

I know lots of freinds who live in PA, and have to go to Philly and Pittsburgh for work quite often, the average person living in PA thinks he's the worst governor the state has ever had, his approval rating is under 30%
G51989 is online now   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2013, 01:54 AM   #5
dec.
macrumors 6502a

Well the US aren't particularly known as a progressive country so I can see why the one or other oddball pops up with some weird comparisons... I understand what he was trying to say but it does take a bit more sensitivity to transport the message that your god* whispered into your ear that men shouldn't be getting married than just a "bro and sis aren't allowed to do it either". Eventually real life will catch up to him too, he'll recognize that gay marriage is legal and it's all good.

(*sorry, most of the anti gays eventually come up with their crazy god/religion stuff as reasoning.... ouch)

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues