Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:33 AM   #26
Ant2369
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
What's the story behind the 2009 iMac -> 2012 iMac?
I was wondering the same thing. Lol
Ant2369 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:22 AM   #27
Hasn'tbeensober
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant2369 View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Lol
Read OP posted at post# 16
Hasn'tbeensober is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:52 PM   #28
WilliamG
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by chpopel View Post
got my new 27" iMac last thursday! it came wednesday but nobody was home to sign for it. opened it up friday when i got home and it is great! just checked and it does have a one year warranty! i will be buying the apple care again!
Winning! Well done for making out like a bandit! Enjoy your new iMac. I love mine.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:15 PM   #29
HenryDJP
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by chpopel View Post
got my new 27" iMac last thursday! it came wednesday but nobody was home to sign for it. opened it up friday when i got home and it is great! just checked and it does have a one year warranty! i will be buying the apple care again!
RIGHT ON!! I would just keep it. If you truly need a MBP just sell it. Since you got a 1 year warranty on it did you know that Apple will refund you for the remainder of your Applecare warranty on your 2009 iMac? Trust me, they will (I've been through 3 upgraded replacements) but you had to at least discussed that with them. It may not be much since it expires in March but you may have $10-$20 coming to you. If you didn't discuss that with them call them and they will look it up.
If they don't talk to you about the warranty then they generally carry over the old warranty to the new Mac and you won't have an opportunity to extend the Applecare after March so make sure with them before you get started on your new iMac.
HenryDJP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:36 PM   #30
chpopel
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryDJP View Post
RIGHT ON!! I would just keep it. If you truly need a MBP just sell it. Since you got a 1 year warranty on it did you know that Apple will refund you for the remainder of your Applecare warranty on your 2009 iMac? Trust me, they will (I've been through 3 upgraded replacements) but you had to at least discussed that with them. It may not be much since it expires in March but you may have $10-$20 coming to you. If you didn't discuss that with them call them and they will look it up.
If they don't talk to you about the warranty then they generally carry over the old warranty to the new Mac and you won't have an opportunity to extend the Applecare after March so make sure with them before you get started on your new iMac.
thanks for the info,i plan on buying applecare and will discuss with them about the previous warranty.they did mention something about it while arranging a replacement, but i wanted to make sure i got a new computer before talking warranty. as for keeping it yea how could i turn down such a beauty.ill have to save for a mbp.

Last edited by chpopel; Jan 13, 2013 at 06:38 PM. Reason: not finished typing
chpopel is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac