Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 2, 2013, 12:24 AM   #51
AFDoc
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado Springs USA for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowimagination View Post
Well I think after this one I won't be backing anymore products like this on kickstarter. Everything gets pushed back and we will be lucky to see this case by March at this rate. At least I might be able to use it for 5 or 6 months before the next iPhone comes out.
LoL patience grasshopper! I too am a backer of slimline and am not worried. I expect a LONG wait when I back a project on KS. I have high hopes for this case but expect disappointment.
AFDoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 09:23 AM   #52
iEnvy
macrumors 6502a
 
iEnvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: DFW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowimagination View Post
Well I think after this one I won't be backing anymore products like this on kickstarter. Everything gets pushed back and we will be lucky to see this case by March at this rate. At least I might be able to use it for 5 or 6 months before the next iPhone comes out.
That may be the case(lol) but it should be expected. However, the creators should have more updates. I don't think they understand how people are about their iPhone cases which is primarily the source of all the frustration we backers feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFDoc View Post
LoL patience grasshopper! I too am a backer of slimline and am not worried. I expect a LONG wait when I back a project on KS. I have high hopes for this case but expect disappointment.
I seriously just forgot about it. I knew it would have some major delays.
__________________
[iPhone 5 32 GB l iPad 16 GB 1st Gen l RMBP (2012) -2.6Ghz/512GB/16GB]
iEnvy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 09:23 AM   #53
Chuck-Norris
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
lol nothig special
Chuck-Norris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:30 PM   #54
hatersgonnahate
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
What a joke. Still no case. The iphone 7 will be out by the time these will see the light of day. What waste of money.
hatersgonnahate is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2013, 10:31 PM   #55
SJism23
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Canada
Are there any backers here who can say what's happening with the project? Their most recent update (yesterday) is for backers only, and I'd like to purchase this retail. Thanks.
__________________
15" MacBook Pro (early 2011), 2.0 GHz i7, 16 GB RAM; iPad 4, 32 GB; iPhone 5s, 32 GB
SJism23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2013, 11:21 PM   #56
Bako-MacAddict
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cupertino, Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatersgonnahate View Post
What a joke. Still no case. The iphone 7 will be out by the time these will see the light of day. What waste of money.
Did you get your case already by any chance? Would love to see pictures?

Edit: Nevermind lol, I check the comments at their kickstarter page and its not looking good for these guys. All these people are upset because they haven't received their product and some of the backers are demanding a refund.
__________________
Gold & White iPhone 5s 32GB | MacBook Pro 15" Late 2011 | iPad air Space Gray wifi 16GB
AT&T

Last edited by Bako-MacAddict; Mar 28, 2013 at 11:28 PM.
Bako-MacAddict is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2013, 05:29 AM   #57
BHP41
macrumors 6502a
 
BHP41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: United States of America
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bako-MacAddict View Post
Did you get your case already by any chance? Would love to see pictures?

Edit: Nevermind lol, I check the comments at their kickstarter page and its not looking good for these guys. All these people are upset because they haven't received their product and some of the backers are demanding a refund.
Seems a lot of people have great ideas but would be better off taking business classes at night also.
BHP41 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2013, 05:46 AM   #58
AFDoc
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado Springs USA for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatersgonnahate View Post
What a joke. Still no case. The iphone 7 will be out by the time these will see the light of day. What waste of money.
Read your name... there's your answer.


I love how all are crying about the project... IF you can't stand to lose $35 then maybe kickstarter isn't the place to be looking to blow some dough. Waaaa I want a refund waaaa... grow up ffs, you (people that back on ks) take a chance when you back new companies PLUS as far as I know there is no guarantee that you get a refund if the project tanks.


They did put up a vid of a not so perfect case, looked good except for some bonding issues. IF they can get it together looks to be a very promising case.
AFDoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2013, 11:26 AM   #59
hatersgonnahate
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFDoc View Post
Read your name... there's your answer.


I love how all are crying about the project... IF you can't stand to lose $35 then maybe kickstarter isn't the place to be looking to blow some dough. Waaaa I want a refund waaaa... grow up ffs, you (people that back on ks) take a chance when you back new companies PLUS as far as I know there is no guarantee that you get a refund if the project tanks.


They did put up a vid of a not so perfect case, looked good except for some bonding issues. IF they can get it together looks to be a very promising case.
i love how everyone points to my name.

as far as crying about the project, i think i have every right to complain when the estimated delivery date is december 2012. its been 4 months already.

lol at if i cant stand to lose $35? lol this isnt an investment. im not making money out of this. you're right kickstarter is not the place for me, after this horrible experience, i'll just wait till a product is officially launched.

the whole thing is deceptive anyway. lol at you defending the creator of slimline.

he hasnt even found the right material for the bumper. lmao what a joke.

im sure there are other kickstarter projects that are better handled than this.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFDoc View Post
Read your name... there's your answer.


I love how all are crying about the project... IF you can't stand to lose $35 then maybe kickstarter isn't the place to be looking to blow some dough. Waaaa I want a refund waaaa... grow up ffs, you (people that back on ks) take a chance when you back new companies PLUS as far as I know there is no guarantee that you get a refund if the project tanks.


They did put up a vid of a not so perfect case, looked good except for some bonding issues. IF they can get it together looks to be a very promising case.
are you macrumors' resident troll? lmao.


http://forums.macrumors.com/search.p...rchid=33546194
hatersgonnahate is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2013, 09:39 AM   #60
AFDoc
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado Springs USA for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatersgonnahate View Post
i love how everyone points to my name.

as far as crying about the project, i think i have every right to complain when the estimated delivery date is december 2012. its been 4 months already.

lol at if i cant stand to lose $35? lol this isnt an investment. im not making money out of this. you're right kickstarter is not the place for me, after this horrible experience, i'll just wait till a product is officially launched.

the whole thing is deceptive anyway. lol at you defending the creator of slimline.

he hasnt even found the right material for the bumper. lmao what a joke.

im sure there are other kickstarter projects that are better handled than this.

----------



are you macrumors' resident troll? lmao.


http://forums.macrumors.com/search.p...rchid=33546194
I voice my opinion and that opinion isn't always the sunny bunnies and candy opinion, people's sensitivities are not my problem. Post up something which I perceive as stupid on a public forum and I'll voice that opinion.

I think complaining about a $35 kickstarter project (you're so vain you probably thought that post was about you) is silly as there is absolutely NO guaranty they you will receive a product. I support KS projects because I like the potential that's there and I dig seeing the projects move forward (or not). Why do people gamble? Not for the potential payout, it's for the entertainment value. Same here for me.
AFDoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2013, 11:29 AM   #61
hatersgonnahate
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrrr325 View Post
take one for the team and let us know.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFDoc View Post
I voice my opinion and that opinion isn't always the sunny bunnies and candy opinion, people's sensitivities are not my problem. Post up something which I perceive as stupid on a public forum and I'll voice that opinion.

I think complaining about a $35 kickstarter project (you're so vain you probably thought that post was about you) is silly as there is absolutely NO guaranty they you will receive a product. I support KS projects because I like the potential that's there and I dig seeing the projects move forward (or not). Why do people gamble? Not for the potential payout, it's for the entertainment value. Same here for me.
you quoted me, so as any normal human being, i'd assume you were talking about me.

its a lesson learned for me. i guess i should have done my homework in regards to the credibility of the person making the product. are you a backer of slimline?
hatersgonnahate is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad: Poetic Slimline Case Updated FrankB1191 iPad Accessories 45 Dec 29, 2013 01:39 PM
iPad Mini: How's your Poetic Slimline case holding up? TJ61 iPad Accessories 0 Oct 3, 2013 10:53 AM
iPad Mini: Poetic Slimline [iPad Mini] Case Review Lethalis iPad Accessories 5 Feb 14, 2013 09:39 AM
iPad Mini: Poetic SlimLine Case Review galeo iPad Accessories 14 Nov 28, 2012 11:32 PM
iPad Mini: Poetic slimline case weisjt iPad Accessories 63 Nov 25, 2012 08:39 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC