Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old May 19, 2013, 10:21 AM   #176
Todd B.
Banned

Just get Trillian and you can connect to Google Talk without Google pushing that Google+ garbage down your throats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaSol View Post
Yes, and if someone steals my TV I'm to blame for leaving the door unlocked.

Apparently Google gets a pass no matter what they do. We will all be sorry for this someday.
Welcome to the new tech community; Google doesn't need a PR division because they have all the tech blogs spinning everything for them, for free.

To them, Google is the greatest thing since sliced bread despite not doing anything revolutionary (unless you count borderline stalking of every Internet user on the planet) in, like, ten years.
Todd B. is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 12:20 PM   #177
Belmont31R
macrumors 6502

About half the time I open the app I get a crash recovery message. Anyone else? I sent feedback. Not sure what the issue is. Non jail broken iPhone 5 6.1.4
Belmont31R is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 02:06 PM   #178
Mackilroy
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to Mackilroy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd B. View Post
To them, Google is the greatest thing since sliced bread despite not doing anything revolutionary (unless you count borderline stalking of every Internet user on the planet) in, like, ten years.
Google is far from perfect, but what about Google Glasses?
Old May 19, 2013, 02:49 PM   #179
Jimbo47
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajones330 View Post
Can't stand when it arranges my messages out of order. Apple get it together...
It's even worse when you click the notification, and reply back to the message. Only then do you realize the person you just messaged is not the notification you clicked on.
Jimbo47 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 04:55 PM   #180
Todd B.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackilroy View Post
Google is far from perfect, but what about Google Glasses?
Useless DOA product that only stalkers and creepers will love. What about them?
Todd B. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 05:02 PM   #181
MattInOz
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Just get Trillian and you can connect to Google Talk without Google pushing that Google+ garbage down your throats.

Welcome to the new tech community; Google doesn't need a PR division because they have all the tech blogs spinning everything for them, for free.

Haven't google killed XXMP support?
So is Trillian still an option?
Old May 19, 2013, 05:08 PM   #182
rovex
macrumors 65816

The end of Facetime?

As in for ipad, not when making actual phone calls.
rovex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 05:49 PM   #183
Todd B.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattInOz View Post
Haven't google killed XXMP support?
So is Trillian still an option?
I use Google Talk in Messages, I'd imagine that Trillian works too.
Old May 19, 2013, 06:53 PM   #184
Mackilroy
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Useless DOA product that only stalkers and creepers will love. What about them?
Evidence for this? Is Robert Scoble, for example, a creeper or stalker?
Old May 19, 2013, 09:11 PM   #185
Todd B.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackilroy View Post
Evidence for this? Is Robert Scoble, for example, a creeper or stalker?
I have no idea who that is but considering the only reasons for wanting a hidden camera is for creeping, I'd guess yes? The more they spend time on stupid things like glasses or trying to push a privacy invading social network, the worst they become... meanwhile, they're dodging taxes left and right and essentially ripping off peoples open wifi connections.
Old May 19, 2013, 09:27 PM   #186
Renzatic
macrumors 604

Quote:
I have no idea who that is but considering the only reasons for wanting a hidden camera is for creeping, I'd guess yes? The more they spend time on stupid things like glasses or trying to push a privacy invading social network, the worst they become... meanwhile, they're dodging taxes left and right and essentially ripping off peoples open wifi connections.
This reads like a conspiracy theorist's wet dream

The "ripping off peoples open wifi connections" thing was something that happened during a Streetview sweep a couple years back, which Google shut down after being put to task for it in a big, bad way. It's not an ongoing thing.

And taxes? Hell, you can't take sides here. Google does dodge their taxes. So does Apple. If you're going to call out one, you have to call out the other. You can't damn one while giving the other a pass.
Renzatic is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2013, 03:04 AM   #187
Oletros
In Time-Out

Quote:
What privacy invading are making with Google plus?
Oletros is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2013, 06:25 AM   #188
ratboy90
macrumors 6502

I don't know why everybody is hating on google so much. I have far less trust in Facebook and they're basically trying to do the same thing as Google.
ratboy90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2013, 10:33 AM   #189
bchery21
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by osofast240sx View Post
How long ago? All 5 carriers are complete different at this point. Att and verzion will go no contract soon.
It's been probably 3 yrs since he's jumped ship. So I agree with you. But again, I have no reason to leave AT&T since they've treated me well for about six years running...
bchery21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2013, 03:56 PM   #190
Todd B.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oletros View Post
What privacy invading are making with Google plus?
https://www.google.com/search?q=goog...me+controversy

https://www.google.com/search?q=goog...iews+real+name

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratboy90 View Post
I don't know why everybody is hating on google so much. I have far less trust in Facebook and they're basically trying to do the same thing as Google.
Because Google has proven, time after time, that they don't care about you one bit in their conquest to control the Internet.
Old May 20, 2013, 04:01 PM   #191
Oletros
In Time-Out

Since when an opt-in thing is privacy invading?
Oletros is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2013, 05:41 PM   #192
Todd B.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oletros View Post
Since when an opt-in thing is privacy invading?
Since when is it opt-in now that Google forces you to enter your full name and sign up for Google+ when you open a Google account.

Or when you want to leave a review you must use your full name - and have all your purchases tied to it.

Or when Youtube forces you to use your real name.
Old May 20, 2013, 07:40 PM   #193
Mackilroy
macrumors 68040

Quote:
So essentially what you're saying is this: because you lack the imagination for why people would want Google Glasses or anything like it, so it's for creepers, and even though you don't know anything about Robert Scoble, because he has a pair of Glasses he's a creeper. Excellent logic.

As for me, I like Google Hangouts, so I'll keep using it. Google's done a good job of finally making a good chat client (albeit not as good as, say, Adium).
Old May 20, 2013, 07:51 PM   #194
scapegoat81
macrumors 6502

Installed. Realized they signed me back up for Google+, Uninstalled. I'll stick w/ iMessage & Whatsapp.
scapegoat81 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion