Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Belmont31R

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2012
About half the time I open the app I get a crash recovery message. Anyone else? I sent feedback. Not sure what the issue is. Non jail broken iPhone 5 6.1.4

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
To them, Google is the greatest thing since sliced bread despite not doing anything revolutionary (unless you count borderline stalking of every Internet user on the planet) in, like, ten years.
Google is far from perfect, but what about Google Glasses?

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Can't stand when it arranges my messages out of order. Apple get it together...

It's even worse when you click the notification, and reply back to the message. Only then do you realize the person you just messaged is not the notification you clicked on.

MattInOz

macrumors 68030
Jan 19, 2006
Sydney
Just get Trillian and you can connect to Google Talk without Google pushing that Google+ garbage down your throats.

Welcome to the new tech community; Google doesn't need a PR division because they have all the tech blogs spinning everything for them, for free.

To them, Google is the greatest thing since sliced bread despite not doing anything revolutionary (unless you count borderline stalking of every Internet user on the planet) in, like, ten years.

Haven't google killed XXMP support?
So is Trillian still an option?

Todd B.

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2013
Evidence for this? Is Robert Scoble, for example, a creeper or stalker?

I have no idea who that is but considering the only reasons for wanting a hidden camera is for creeping, I'd guess yes? The more they spend time on stupid things like glasses or trying to push a privacy invading social network, the worst they become... meanwhile, they're dodging taxes left and right and essentially ripping off peoples open wifi connections.

Renzatic

Suspended
I have no idea who that is but considering the only reasons for wanting a hidden camera is for creeping, I'd guess yes? The more they spend time on stupid things like glasses or trying to push a privacy invading social network, the worst they become... meanwhile, they're dodging taxes left and right and essentially ripping off peoples open wifi connections.

This reads like a conspiracy theorist's wet dream

The "ripping off peoples open wifi connections" thing was something that happened during a Streetview sweep a couple years back, which Google shut down after being put to task for it in a big, bad way. It's not an ongoing thing.

And taxes? Hell, you can't take sides here. Google does dodge their taxes. So does Apple. If you're going to call out one, you have to call out the other. You can't damn one while giving the other a pass.

Oletros

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2009
Premià de Mar

What privacy invading are making with Google plus?

ratboy90

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2009
I don't know why everybody is hating on google so much. I have far less trust in Facebook and they're basically trying to do the same thing as Google.

bchery21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
Boston, MA
How long ago? All 5 carriers are complete different at this point. Att and verzion will go no contract soon.

It's been probably 3 yrs since he's jumped ship. So I agree with you. But again, I have no reason to leave AT&T since they've treated me well for about six years running...

Todd B.

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2013
What privacy invading are making with Google plus?

https://www.google.com/search?q=google++real+name+controversy

https://www.google.com/search?q=google++android+play+reviews+real+name

I don't know why everybody is hating on google so much. I have far less trust in Facebook and they're basically trying to do the same thing as Google.

Because Google has proven, time after time, that they don't care about you one bit in their conquest to control the Internet.

Todd B.

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2013
Since when an opt-in thing is privacy invading?

Since when is it opt-in now that Google forces you to enter your full name and sign up for Google+ when you open a Google account.

Or when you want to leave a review you must use your full name - and have all your purchases tied to it.

Or when Youtube forces you to use your real name.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
So essentially what you're saying is this: because you lack the imagination for why people would want Google Glasses or anything like it, so it's for creepers, and even though you don't know anything about Robert Scoble, because he has a pair of Glasses he's a creeper. Excellent logic.

As for me, I like Google Hangouts, so I'll keep using it. Google's done a good job of finally making a good chat client (albeit not as good as, say, Adium).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.