Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:43 AM   #1
rappar
macrumors member

THE BEST Camera app?

I have a number of camera apps. I would really appreciate some input as to what people view as the best camera app. I am NOT talking about borders, filters or the like, but rather THE BEST app for taking a picture with your iPad.
I also don't want a pinhole camera or vintage camera, just the app that provides the most flexibility when taking a picture.
Thanks,
Ron
rappar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:04 PM   #2
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappar View Post
I have a number of camera apps. I would really appreciate some input as to what people view as the best camera app. I am NOT talking about borders, filters or the like, but rather THE BEST app for taking a picture with your iPad.
I also don't want a pinhole camera or vintage camera, just the app that provides the most flexibility when taking a picture.
Thanks,
Ron
Wait, for iPad or iPhone/iPod touch?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:34 PM   #3
rappar
macrumors member

The BEST Camera app?

I have an iPad and am looking for the best camera app as described in my original post to use with the iPad.
Thanks,
Ron
rappar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:46 PM   #4
nutmac
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappar View Post
Just photos or video as well? I have also tried several and for photo-only app, I like Camera+ for iPad for stabilization, faster shooting speed (than stock camera app), artificial horizon, and live exposure data (ISO speed, f-stop, shutter speed). Unfortunately, due to lack of APIs, apps cannot change ISO speed, f-stop, nor shutter speed. But it is still handy to have these information available.

At any rate, I use the stock camera app most of the time (because I often need to shoot both video and photos).
nutmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:48 PM   #5
dukebound85
macrumors P6

for night shots, i use nightcap. seems to do a good job in how it handles various settings
dukebound85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:32 AM   #6
ericlewis107
macrumors newbie

You can try Camera Illusion, Vignette, FxCamera, Retro Camera. It provides a lot of options and settings.
ericlewis107 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:43 AM   #7
Jessica Lares
macrumors 604

Snapseed. I like the color/contrast correction, selective adjust which lets you change the brightness, contrast, and saturation, tune image which which will let you change the ambiance and white balance, the straightener feature, and then the details setting which changes sharpness and structure.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:25 PM   #8
midwestfisherma
macrumors 6502

Camera+
midwestfisherma is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps