Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:05 AM   #1
ArchAlex
macrumors newbie

MacBook Air or Pro

I'm sure you get this question a lot but I do need some help!

I'm off to study architecture next year, I already have a beefy pc to deal with the graphics heavy element however I also feel that I would perhaps like to work in the studio/ out and about, I was initially drawn to the 11'' Mba but that feels too small, then I looked at the 13'' MBA but that is the same price as a 13'' Mbp, the dilemma is now between portability and power, I was just wondering If anyone out there has been in a similar situation or can cast some light on my problem, cheers
ArchAlex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:34 PM   #2
RedCroissant
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAlex View Post
I'm sure you get this question a lot but I do need some help!

I'm off to study architecture next year, I already have a beefy pc to deal with the graphics heavy element however I also feel that I would perhaps like to work in the studio/ out and about, I was initially drawn to the 11'' Mba but that feels too small, then I looked at the 13'' MBA but that is the same price as a 13'' Mbp, the dilemma is now between portability and power, I was just wondering If anyone out there has been in a similar situation or can cast some light on my problem, cheers
I would recommend the Pro since it can be upgraded and future-proofed better than the MBA. I would also go with the 15 inch model because you can get it to recognize more RAM than the 13 inch and the 15 has its own GPU. Getting a refurbished model will save you a lot of money as well.

27" iMac, 3.2GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 3TB HDD; 32GB iPad 1 WiFi+3G; 30GB iPod Video 5G
RedCroissant is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice