Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Apr 12, 2013, 12:39 PM   #176
cynics
macrumors 604

Don't all phones lag from time to time? I never used a Note 2 but I notice lag on all my devices, nexus 10, iPad 3, iPhone 4S.

I can even take screen shots of it on my iPhone.

It was just hanging there for long enough for me to get frustrated, then decide to and take a screen shot. Then screen shot lagged to but was instant once the lag stopped. Ignore my goofy friend texting me.

Here is lag starting messages and Facebook.

Waiting for messages to populate

Just waiting on Facebook

Point being I've think we've gotten passed the point where device lag enough to care comparing. My Nexus lags the least BUT poor coding in apps make certain apps lag more then I notice on iOS. iPad 3 just sucks, I've found the 4 to be much better.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 07:17 AM   #177
spinedoc77
macrumors 601

Do you guys on cleanrom use the ace all carrier edition or the ATT edition? What's the difference?
Old Apr 13, 2013, 07:39 AM   #178
maxosx
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by F123D View Post
Two months in with my Note II and enjoying it like it was day 1. There's so much you can do with this phone.
Well said! You've summed it up very accurately.
maxosx is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2013, 03:34 PM   #179
iPad5
Banned

It's an awkward size, too big to be a phone and too small to be a tablet replacement. I dont miss my note 2 at all. I think I might give the 6.3 Mega a try, because if it's over 6" it may actually be a tablet killer
iPad5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2013, 08:02 PM   #180
kiltedthrower
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinedoc77 View Post
Do you guys on cleanrom use the ace all carrier edition or the ATT edition? What's the difference?
ACE is the International version. AT&T version is the AT&T stock version. So if you don't want any of the AT&T bloatware, go with the ACE version.
kiltedthrower is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:05 PM   #181
kage65
macrumors newbie

People keep going on about the difference in the screen size, but is this not the resolution of each device?

note 2 720 x 1280

iphone 5 640 x 1136

seems like as far as screen real estate, there is not a huge difference? Or am I missing something?
kage65 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:02 AM   #182
spinedoc77
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiltedthrower View Post
ACE is the International version. AT&T version is the AT&T stock version. So if you don't want any of the AT&T bloatware, go with the ACE version.
I'm curious when I read about bloatware slowing down a phone and causing lag and other issues, why is that? I mean with all the bloatware I have I don't believe any of those programs are running or memory resident so how would they cause slowdown versus something like Cleanrom?

I'm just curious if a custom rom would cure the lag the note 2 has and why.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 08:37 PM   #183
SlCKB0Y
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreaver99 View Post
Arclight movie app (still no Android version).
Tried this?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.fandango
SlCKB0Y is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2013, 02:49 PM   #184
sbddude
macrumors 6502a

Had the note 1 and now the s3.

Very happy with android and the s3 is the perfect size.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kage65 View Post
People keep going on about the difference in the screen size, but is this not the resolution of each device?

note 2 720 x 1280

iphone 5 640 x 1136

seems like as far as screen real estate, there is not a huge difference? Or am I missing something?
Android can run at different resolutions, iphone cant. In other words, android can have different screen element size. See here for example: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2123368
sbddude is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2013, 11:56 AM   #185
kiltedthrower
macrumors regular

Quote:
I'm curious when I read about bloatware slowing down a phone and causing lag and other issues, why is that? I mean with all the bloatware I have I don't believe any of those programs are running or memory resident so how would they cause slowdown versus something like Cleanrom?

I'm just curious if a custom rom would cure the lag the note 2 has and why.
I didn't have any lag with the bloatware. I just didn't use those apps
Old Apr 22, 2013, 06:29 PM   #186
spinedoc77
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiltedthrower View Post
I didn't have any lag with the bloatware. I just didn't use those apps
So its just a space issue? I always get confused why people hate the stock roms so much. I just recently rooted and to my pleasant surprise it didn't wipe out my stock rom so I ended up keeping it. Its still laggy though and I get tempted to use cleanrom, but it sounds like it probably won't be less laggy.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 02:41 PM   #187
kiltedthrower
macrumors regular

Quote:
So its just a space issue? I always get confused why people hate the stock roms so much. I just recently rooted and to my pleasant surprise it didn't wipe out my stock rom so I ended up keeping it. Its still laggy though and I get tempted to use cleanrom, but it sounds like it probably won't be less laggy.
It is a stock ROM. I've just always been in the habit of removing everything that I don't use. I've had 2 of these, my cousin has 1, my uncle and his wife each have 1, no lag. I have no idea why you have lag in yours.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices