Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

typicaluser

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
Hi all, I've been on iOS 7 for 2 days (with GM version), just wanting to know how many of you are finding that text size in iOS 7 UI takes more efforts to read and switched to 'Bold Text'. To me it's just not justified to make UI text so slender. I've put two iPhone 5s in front of me, each running iOS 7 and iOS 6, text size of the latter is just more reader-friendly.

One unwanted effect of changing to Bold Text is font in Message app also got changed which looks terrible to me.

fullauto

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2012
Brisbane
Hi all, I've been on iOS 7 for 2 days (with GM version), just wanting to know how many of you are finding that text size in iOS 7 UI takes more efforts to read and switched to 'Bold Text'. To me it's just not justified to make UI text so slender. I've put two iPhone 5s in front of me, each running iOS 7 and iOS 6, text size of the latter is just more reader-friendly.

One unwanted effect of changing to Bold Text is font in Message app also got changed which looks terrible to me.

Stick with thin, you'll get used to it. Bold in messages switched me back to thin and now I don't even notice it (from beta 5 to present).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.