Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Please, you know what I meant. :rolleyes:

Actually no I didn't, but as long you understood what you meant that's all that matters. Please, everyone here is entitled to their opinion but after reading multiple responses to your post about this from other posters I can see that nobody agrees with your idea. Not looking to make this a long-drawn argument, just sayin'.

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
Since iBooks is extremely cagey about where its books live on the file system, anyone wanting to go find them would do well to look in ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.BKAgentService/Data/Documents/iBooks/Books

infoseeker

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2013
This build, ignoring the normal "Safari is snappier" jokes, is ridiculously fast. I don't know what they've done under the hood, but damn they've done a good job of whatever they've done.

Hey Brian, this is exactly what I dying to find out more about. Are you saying that mavericks is faster and more responsive than ML? I've had such headaches with GUI performance under ML. Please elaborate if u can? Thanks u.

----------

There is real improvements to Opengl in DP 5,
OS X Mav DP5 now has full core support for Opengl 4.1 (100%) and even 16% core support for Opengl 4.2 :D Ohhh happy days! Can we hope for full 4.2/3 support!?

Oh how I wish I knew what this means exactly? I've been asking and asking and no one seems to want to answer. Say I have a mid2010 Mac Pro, will my machine benefit from the OpenGL improvements in mavericks?

alrut235

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2012
Iphoto beta

I didn't see it on the thread but iPhoto's update is now 64bit. It seems a lot snappier, but renders your library unreadable by Aperture. :mad:

I am just hoping that apple will update iMovie along with it, and finally fix the memory allocation errors that come with large high quality movies and a 32bit application. (checked activity monitor and iMovie and Garageband are still 32bit)

revmetals

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2013
This is not "True" re-open closed tab functionality

Reopen last closed tab is possible in safari using the generic undo shortcut cmd-z.

This is the most common answer when people ask for this functionality. However, it is not equivalent to a true re-open closed tab function. This is literally the ONLY thing keeping me from using Safari. :(

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
I didn't see it on the thread but iPhoto's update is now 64bit. It seems a lot snappier, but renders your library unreadable by Aperture. :mad:

I am just hoping that apple will update iMovie along with it, and finally fix the memory allocation errors that come with large high quality movies and a 32bit application. (checked activity monitor and iMovie and Garageband are still 32bit)

is iPhoto true 64 bit now though? screenshots?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.