Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Oct 26, 2014, 11:44 AM   #326
skallal
macrumors member

I've lost 4-finger gestures on my Trackpad w/ Trackpad++. It was working the other day. I install the latest Trackpad++ and Power Plan Assistant, but still doesn't work. I could try a full uninstall and re-install on each, but need to find my registration codes first.

Any ideas Vladimir?

Steve

Edit: I was able to straighten things out about uninstalling Trackpad++ and Power Plan Assistant. Then I did a repair on the Apple Bootcamp drivers. Then I re-installed Power Plan Assistant and then Trackpad++. Now the Trackpad is working properly.

Last edited by skallal; Oct 26, 2014 at 05:07 PM.
skallal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2014, 04:16 AM   #327
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r
macrumors regular

@skallal: Good to know it's been resolved. Maybe the issue was on the Boot Camp driver side, since as you indicated reinstalling it fixed everything. Just to make it clear, the Trackpad++ driver neither contains, nor modifies the original Apple code, yet it does depend on the Boot Camp HID drivers stack, because architecturally it's integrated into it.
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2014, 03:59 PM   #328
Whalensdad
macrumors newbie

Trackpad is TOO Sensitive

Is there a way to dial back the sensitivity of the trackpad? It senses a brush as a tap. I'm accidentally opening programs and clicking on links when I don't want to.
Whalensdad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2014, 03:15 PM   #329
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r
macrumors regular

@Whalensdad: Trackpad sensitivity can be noticeably different across different models, because the trackpad device is operated with a controller chip (by the way made by Broadcom) and this chip has different firmware in different generations and models. During 2013-2014 I can remember just 2-3 reports from owners of Mid-2012 and later Macbook Pro models, and a few more from older, and especially older Macbook Airs. Also the trackpad works well for me (maybe it's a bit, just a little bit more sensitive than optimal). Actually I could try to artificially limit sensitivity with some realtime analysis of the resulting touch area square, this could introduce some side effects, and also will never be reliable, as these characteristics of the fingers are absolutely unique for each person...
Old Nov 9, 2014, 10:59 PM   #330
usagichan
macrumors newbie

Exclamation Please help! Test Mode! (Windows 8.1, Macbook Pro 2014 model)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r View Post
@Chip Moody, @ender7: Here is a small standalone fix (cooked by me) http://powerplan7.com/Windows_8_81_x...de_Remover.zip (Usage: unzip, run as administrator, reboot). You can use it whenever some Windows update reverts the setting, which may happen only with very major updates, 1-2 times per year.

@DaveNinja: It's an ultimate manual/automatic power plan switcher with a compact yet very informative battery icon replacement option and some Macbook-specific enhancements (like the instant keyboard backlight toggle, wi-fi/bluetooth radio toggles). Here are the 'left-click' and 'right-click' Power Plan Assistant's popup menus (i.e. what you get by clicking its battery percentage icon):

I have tried EVERYTHING! I've read this entire thread Still have "Test Mode Windows 8.1 Build 9600" showing.

To confirm for you, I have done all of the following:

1. Installed Power Plan Assistant v3.1 (working fine)
2. Installed TP ++ (working fine)
3. Downloaded above mentioned zip. and extracted all files
4. Ran as administrator and rebooted computer numerous times.

Still no luck!! Please help me

I don't actually think the exe. is running? It quickly opens up what looks like cmd promt, says

"Windows 8 x64 - Remove Test Mode Nag Message.
Could not detect locale for resolving watermarks! Tried en-US and en-AU"

and then closes. When I try to restart I am getting this message:

Micrsoft .NET Framework

Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore the error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\Boot Camp\Bootcamp.exe' because it is being used by another process.

Needless to say I have been clicking, "Continue." And then restarting.

Last edited by usagichan; Nov 9, 2014 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Update
usagichan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2014, 12:14 AM   #331
usagichan
macrumors newbie

Lightbulb Near enough, I suppose

Well this is sad. Spent so many hours trying to fix this. And I did fix it: only if I put into US English!? I don't know why it hates UK English or AUS? But anyway, not too pleased. If there is any way around this, please let me know. Otherwise I guess I'll just have ignore spell check from now on!
usagichan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2014, 01:04 AM   #332
GoSooners
macrumors member

PowerPlan7 website down

I'm having trouble accessing the site. Anyone else? I just installed Win7 64-bit via Bootcamp and would like to try this app out.
GoSooners is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2014, 08:04 AM   #333
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r
macrumors regular

@GoSooners: Website of the Trackpad++ and Power Plan Assistant projects is up and running since 2010 for entire planet, except of AT&T network (e.g. Uverse). Only this single provider does not allow the people to open the website by pretending that the website is down. This story started a few years ago, and there is still no explanation why something is available for all the world, even in North Korea perhaps, but not in AT&T network.

@usagichan: the 'Test Mode' fix 100% works for US English locale, and for many other languages of Europe, Asia. I'm sorry, but it may not work with every culture because of the way Windows localization works.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:49 PM   #334
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r
macrumors regular

@ALL: Is anybody using Trackpad++ after the latest Windows 8.1 update KB3011780? For me everything works fine, but one man reported an issue where the gestures stopped working, so I'm just double-checking with the community.

Last edited by V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r; Nov 20, 2014 at 03:45 PM.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac