Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chales2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
Hi,

I have a Mac Pro, that was running into disk issues. I eventually booted from a Snow Leopard DVD, and got an odd screen I don't recognize. (See attachment)

I have no idea what that screen is telling me I should do. Any ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• weird-screen.jpg
    weird-screen.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 110

jkeekij

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
That is telling you to turn on your Magic Mouse. Do you have any device connected?

chales2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
No magic mouse was involved, but a wired mouse was plugged in. We found another way around the issue. Maybe it was triggered by a low magic trackpad battery. Thanks for the image ID. That was very helpful.

ScottishCaptain

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
This is occurring because:

1) You've paired a Magic Mouse with your Mac Pro before, or have never removed the factory pairing that comes with the computer (by default, the mouse that comes with the system is already paired with the bluetooth controller in the tower)

2) No other input devices are present that have been successfully recognized.

It's literally telling you to turn on your Magic Mouse, because it knows that the mouse has been paired with your computer at one point or another- but no other input device is present, so it's assuming that you need to turn that mouse on to continue.

-SC

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.