Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Yesterday, 11:23 AM   #4201
SandboxGeneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cell-666 View Post
This thread is getting tooooo long lol.

Having worked in Italy on and off over the years I'm very much a bean addict. Only problem is whenever I return to the UK I just can't find that.....how can I put it, smile in a cup. The chains just don't cut it, well they are OK, I hate Starbucks, UK chain Costa isn't too bad, I do like my Flat Whites after several trips to Oz, but.

So I bought a Gaggia Brera a couple of years ago and love it. But, I still can't find that perfect bean blend which takes me back to Italy. Can anyone point me in the right direction of a authentic Italian blend which is available to purchase? I do use Lavazza Expresso which is very nice, but I need to find the zenith

Also, micro foam, full fat or ski skimmed ?
Welcome to the thread! As far as it getting too long, well, it's barely middle-aged. Once it gets to 10,000 posts, we'll have to shut it down and make a new one. That's when the server load gets to be a bit much for one thread.

As for your other questions about authentic Italian coffee bean blends, there are a few in here that should be able to help you out. I, as it were, cannot, since I've never been there and cannot draw from any experiences.
Old Yesterday, 03:23 PM   #4202
Scepticalscribe
Contributor

Quote:
This thread is getting tooooo long lol.

Having worked in Italy on and off over the years I'm very much a bean addict. Only problem is whenever I return to the UK I just can't find that.....how can I put it, smile in a cup. The chains just don't cut it, well they are OK, I hate Starbucks, UK chain Costa isn't too bad, I do like my Flat Whites after several trips to Oz, but.

So I bought a Gaggia Brera a couple of years ago and love it. But, I still can't find that perfect bean blend which takes me back to Italy. Can anyone point me in the right direction of a authentic Italian blend which is available to purchase? I do use Lavazza Expresso which is very nice, but I need to find the zenith

Also, micro foam, full fat or ski skimmed ?
Ah, welcome to Paradise; our very own lovely corner of caffeine fuelled, cheerfully deranged but stupefyingly well informed espresso and coffee related insanity.

But. Pay heed: A kind word of gentle warning: Put padlocks on your wallet and chains on your credit card. This thread takes a strange and wholesome delight in the glorious pursuit of vicarious expenditure…….of other people's money…………on anything and everything to do with coffee……...
Scepticalscribe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:35 PM   #4203
Cell-666
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scepticalscribe View Post
Ah, welcome to Paradise; our very own lovely corner of caffeine fuelled, cheerfully deranged but stupefyingly well informed espresso and coffee related insanity.

But. Pay heed: A kind word of gentle warning: Put padlocks on your wallet and chains on your credit card. This thread takes a strange and wholesome delight in the glorious pursuit of vicarious expenditure…….of other people's money…………on anything and everything to do with coffee……...
Sign me up, how much do I need to send to the bean god? :0
Cell-666 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:39 PM   #4204
SandboxGeneral

Quote:
Sign me up, how much do I need to send to the bean god? :0
Everything in your wallet, and any and all of your bank accounts. That's just to get started by the way.
Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM   #4205
Cell-666
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxGeneral View Post
Everything in your wallet, and any and all of your bank accounts. That's just to get started by the way.
lol well I'll just have to get the wifey to work longer hours
Cell-666 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion