Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:09 PM   #1
ls1dreams
macrumors 6502

iTunes 11: how to disable app syncing

So, in the old version of iTunes, I disabled app syncing so I could manage it manually.

In the new version, there's no checkbox to enable/disable this.

I do NOT want all of my old apps synced over, but don't know how to avoid this.

Any suggestions?
ls1dreams is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:20 PM   #2
SteamyDinkins
macrumors newbie

If you uncheck "Automatically sync new apps" can't you then control what's put on? If you don't want a specific app on your phone, either mouse over it in the home screen view that pops up in iTunes and hit the X (this can be a little buggy) or find it in the list on the left and hit Remove.

Once automatic syncing is off, apps will only be added if you add them directly, which I think is what you want. Also make sure that you've also disabled automatic download on your device in the "iTunes & App Stores" settings.
SteamyDinkins is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:55 PM   #3
BFG86
macrumors regular

It appears app syncing is now manual. I was afraid at first that without the check box I was going to lose all the apps on my phone so I transferred apps just to be safe but when I synced other stuff the apps were never affected
BFG86 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store