Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrisrosemusic1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2012
Northamptonshire, England
Apple should upgrade their products whenever they think they have improvements that are ready technically. I still have an unlocked 4S and love it with no need to upgrade to a 5 or a 5S unless some compelling new feature arises. Maybe Jony Ive will introduce new UI software that the 4S won't have enough horsepower to run, but I doubt that. It will be an iOS upgrade that just runs fine on the 4S. If not, I'll upgrade the phone.

I feel less of me - I usually update annually but this 8 month BS hurts re sale values.

ValO

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2012
I thinks it is a minor upgrade for the chinese market.
It seems the iphone 5 doesn' t seem to be working on the network of China Mobile. That is the largest mobile provider in China.

So they will have to change the Qualcomm chip.

This is just like the rumors of the upgrade of the iphone 4, this turned out to be the Verizon version.

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
Build the 5S, but don't release it. Let the next iPhone be the iPhone 6 and let it be incredible. But give the 5 a long shelf life. :) As long as iOS 7 is bloody good, it'll be like people are getting a whole new phone anyway. :)

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
I was a bit disappointed in the 5. I was really hoping they would work more on the ios like having more features that android has, like widgets. Instead, it's pretty much the same thing as a 4s but taller and slightly lighter, and I guess faster... I was looking forward to getting a 5s but now I guess I'll wait until my phone begins to fall apart on me than to go for a new phone when my contract ends.

Sounds like you are disappointed with IOS6 not IPhone 5.

Apple won't be Android simple as.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.