Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chambord

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2012
Hi all,

I'm hoping to get some help from some of you folk with good eyes for colors. I have a nice wood speaker cab that i want to paint a retro color for my office. I'm leaning towards either a stark glossy white, or a retro lime green.

Here is the green that I'm thinking: (from some chairs)

photo_1.jpg

Here is the box:

photo_3.jpg

The bookcase next to it looks white, but it's an offwhite. It's not the only white in the room either, I also have this desk in the room, which is a very similar shade of off white (this was called "fleecy")

photo_2.jpg

As you can see, the speaker cab has the nice vintage colored (oxblood) grill cloth. So it would go really well with either white or lime green. Im just curious if you think the lime green would look ok, or a different shade of vintage/retro green?

Last edited by a moderator:

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
The lime green is a bit to pastel. Are you set on lime green or white? I know that there is a really nice vintage white/yellow paint. Its for guitars, but it would look nice on there. If you have to pick from white or green then definitely white

chambord

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2012
I'm open to almost any color. What is the color that you were referencing?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I don't think the picture of the green is really representing the true green. I'm looking at the green leg under the table where you only see the leg. That green looks more lime green and not all that pastel. I think it would be real nice green. I think there's a lot of white already going on in the room.

Check out Sherwin Williams' colors. They have some nice greens and really these colors are likely available under another name from Valspar and the likes.

Check out Center Stage (3rd row down, 6 in from the right) or anything going up from there like Electric Lime.

Screen Shot 2012-11-04 at 3.36.10 PM.png

I'm also a huge fan of orange like the orange on Orange Amps. Check into that and Fender's blue. They have a blue that I guess people around here will call Carolina Blue but it would look stellar with the grill cover.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Personally, I'd go for a pale, baby blue/grey. Nissan had a lovely shade on the previous generation Micra. A lovely balance of vintage and contemporary.

i.nissan.micra.2007.blue.f.07feb.jpg

179%20(400%20x%20267).jpg

181%20(400%20x%20267).jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.