Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
HI all
Just a question. Sorry if its been asked before. However where will the water indicator marks for the iphone 5 be?

Also if water or liquid was to affect the indicator mark, does a certain amount of liquid need to affect the area where the indicator mark is, or can a little droplet or splash of liquid affect the marker immediately?

thanks in advance

eddyecb

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
i think i read its in the opening where the sim goes altho i could be mistaken, on older models they were in the headphone port and the 30 pin connector port

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
i think i read its in the opening where the sim goes altho i could be mistaken, on older models they were in the headphone port and the 30 pin connector port

..and one on the inside

----------

And yes, if a single droplet of water landed on the indicator it would trip. But it would have to land right on it. I've also heard of sensors tripping from just bringing the device in the bathroom while taking a shower. Although I bring my phone and iPad in the bathroom every single morning while I shower and I've never tripped a sensor.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
..and one on the inside

----------

And yes, if a single droplet of water landed on the indicator it would trip. But it would have to land right on it. I've also heard of sensors tripping from just bringing the device in the bathroom while taking a shower. Although I bring my phone and iPad in the bathroom every single morning while I shower and I've never tripped a sensor.

I think Apple would classify that as moisture affecting the indicator. Wow you been lucky if its not tripped it :).

Yeah eddyecb i know on the 4s it was where the headphone port it. I was thinking that was maybe a bad design flaw by Apple, as if it rains, and a water droplet ends up going into the headphone port, then bang you have tripped the water indicator. So I thought this is why Apple put the headphone port at the bottom of the Iphone 5. But if its not in that section any more, and its where the sim card goes, then thats an interesting move by Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.