Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NbinHD

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Im seeking advice on how much i should sell my mid 2012 13'' baseline 2.5ghz 13'' macbook pro for? I was thinking $900 as its in mint condition and i got the education discount on it aswell. Does that sound good or should i sell it for more?

raptor402

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2011
Im seeking advice on how much i should sell my mid 2012 13'' baseline 2.5ghz 13'' macbook pro for? I was thinking $900 as its in mint condition and i got the education discount on it aswell. Does that sound good or should i sell it for more?

$900 sounds good. The same MacBook on the Apple Refurbished store is priced at $999, so I doubt that you would get offers for anything higher than $950.

Are there any cosmetic defects, such as dents (on the bottom cover), scratches (especially on the edges of the palm rest), etc? If not, then you can format the HDD, clean it all up (rubbing alcohol or something should do the trick) and consider a slightly higher price.

Regards
Raptor

NbinHD

macrumors 6502
Original poster
$900 sounds good. The same MacBook on the Apple Refurbished store is priced at $999, so I doubt that you would get offers for anything higher than $950.

Are there any cosmetic defects, such as dents (on the bottom cover), scratches (especially on the edges of the palm rest), etc? If not, then you can format the HDD, clean it all up (rubbing alcohol or something should do the trick) and consider a slightly higher price.

Regards
Raptor

Im selling it to a really good friend so ill probably just sell it for $900. Absolutely no scratches at all, hasnt left my bedroom. One other question - im going to buy a iMac (hopefully) and on said iMac i have parallels 8, windows 8 and microsoft office 2013, if i use migration assistant will it automatically copy every thing over will out me having to worry about the licences on the old computer or will i have to call up microsoft and get the licences/code re-authenticated? Thanks for your help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.