Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

filmmaker12

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2013
I ran into this problem as well. To solve this i went into the event library, clicked on the project that was giving me problems, made a duplicate of the project, and then I was able to export the duplicate. Kind of a round about way of exporting but hey it worked....hope this helps

M-3

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2010
Simple Fix That Works

In Final Cut: Window/Revert to Original Layout
Fixed. Then you can put your windows back how you had them.

This will also fix an issue where you can't play back clips in your bin (or whatever the hell Apple calls it now). Probably solves other issues too. Don't know why but hey, so long as it works, right?

ahphotos

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2016
I'm at a total loss. I cannot export any footage out of Final Cut Pro X, the entire 'share' menu is constantly greyed out. I've tried selecting my project and exporting, selecting individual clips and exporting, opening a new project and exporting and trying to export only audio or video.

I have app zapped Final Cut and reinstalled it in the hope it was an installation error but still it won't let me export anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I finally found a way! For me anyway. I exported the XML file and then opened it up in a new Library. It will say a few clips are missing. These are the files that were making it so you couldn't export.

I found that it was because I still had my SD card in my computer so final cut pro was running the files through the SD card itself instead of fully importing them. I hope that makes sense, because it barely does to me.

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
Anytime during acquisition I suggest to copy the files on a real local drive first.
Me its a RAID backup drive before doing any FCPX blessing.
I do this with DSRL type footies.
For RED I keep the whole data structure intact and copied to a RAID drive.

scoutbooter

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2017
I'm at a total loss. I cannot export any footage out of Final Cut Pro X, the entire 'share' menu is constantly greyed out. I've tried selecting my project and exporting, selecting individual clips and exporting, opening a new project and exporting and trying to export only audio or video.

I have app zapped Final Cut and reinstalled it in the hope it was an installation error but still it won't let me export anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
[doublepost=1511377334][/doublepost]Here's your solution: got to he upper right share button ( a box with an arrow) within FCPX, click it, and choose your location to send it to...whatever the problem is will pop up in a separate box. Usually seems to be that the FCPX is still referencing items on the camera.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.