Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Snoezzz

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2012
The Netherlands
Well i just received my iMac and everything looked perfect until i noticed the stereo sound isn't good. I can hear the right side more clear than the left side and after adjusting the speaker balance the left speaker looks to be broken, there is absolutely no bass coming from the left side and the sound that does come out of it is extremely soft.. :(

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Well i just received my iMac and everything looked perfect until i noticed the stereo sound isn't good. I can hear the right side more clear than the left side and after adjusting the speaker balance the left speaker looks to be broken, there is absolutely no bass coming from the left side and the sound that does come out of it is extremely soft.. :(

That stinks! Get a replacement from Apple, for sure.

Snoezzz

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2012
The Netherlands
That stinks! Get a replacement from Apple, for sure.

They were going to pick it up for repair, but the left speaker works now! :confused: I set the balance tot the left side and shut it down. Aftere about an hour or so i started her up to play around a little and when i played a music file i noticed there suddenly was some bass coming from the left... it looks ok for now...

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
They were going to pick it up for repair, but the left speaker works now! :confused: I set the balance tot the left side and shut it down. Aftere about an hour or so i started her up to play around a little and when i played a music file i noticed there suddenly was some bass coming from the left... it looks ok for now...

Odd... Maybe a loose connection? Hmm. Glad it works, though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.