Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Aug 3, 2012, 06:18 PM   #1
pjny
macrumors 6502

How to sync notes from iphone to mac?

Hi,

I activated icloud and notes on mac os x using me.com account. i have mountain lion and ios 5.1.1 on iphone 4s. I checked the icloud notes tab on the iphone but cannot see the notes from my iphone on my mac. thanks.
pjny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2012, 07:26 PM   #2
lpeedin
macrumors regular

May be a silly question but did you open the Notes app. They have their own app now and are not part of Mail.
lpeedin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2012, 07:27 PM   #3
lpeedin
macrumors regular

Plus check you iPhone iCloud settings and be sure you have Notes turned on to sync.
lpeedin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2012, 12:19 AM   #4
pjny
macrumors 6502

Thanks for all the replies. I guess my issue was that all the notes I had types on my iphone were going to be synced but apparently icloud does not sync those notes. Am I right? I typed in new notes and icloud syncs now.

The only issue is how do I migrate all the old notes(about 200) from iphone to Mac?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpeedin View Post
Plus check you iPhone iCloud settings and be sure you have Notes turned on to sync.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 02:31 AM   #5
kronborg
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjny View Post
Thanks for all the replies. I guess my issue was that all the notes I had types on my iphone were going to be synced but apparently icloud does not sync those notes. Am I right? I typed in new notes and icloud syncs now.

The only issue is how do I migrate all the old notes(about 200) from iphone to Mac?

Thanks.
Check this post. I'm afraid you have to copy each note into the iCloud account one at a time!
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:53 AM   #6
pjny
macrumors 6502

Hi everybody,

I found out iExplorer allows you to save all your notes as well as voicemails etc. Super useful. I saved a precious voicemail from my 4-year old nephew the other day as well as many others. Great features.

http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion