Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kooskoos1814

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
Hello everyone !

I have these two black stripes on the screen of my 2011 13'' MBA (still under warranty) for a couple of weeks...

At the beginning, they were only visible on bright sunlight but now I can see them easily (actually a lot better than on this picture, it was difficult to take a good pic)... I'm expecting to become even worse soon.

What do you think ? Has someone here ever seen that ?

Thanks,

ar

Attachments

• _1000007.JPG
    _1000007.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 206

rk25123

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2010
I have exactly the opposite problem! On a black screen I can see two lighter stripes exactly where yours are. Since the positioning matches perfectly the bottom side of the keyboard and the top side of the trackpad, my bet is that the aluminium edges press on the screen (on mine you can also see tiny scratches when it's off). When I noticed this I bought a screen protector (http://www.radtech.us/Products/NotebookScreenSavrz.aspx), essentially a cloth you put on the keyboard when you close the lid. It seems a design flaw, with the screen being too close to the keyboard, bring it to Apple and see what they say.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.