Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tigres

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2007
Land of the Free-Waiting for Term Limits
and why would it? Especially if you simply provide a placeholder account that you would have simply for sign in purposes? Never really seen any complexity or irrational fear in that.

----------

Why is that? Not exactly hard to have a placeholder account that is simply used for login purposes.

----------

You don't have to sync it with FB.

How do you know all of this?
What is the overall point of this being requirement (a FB login), if it's not there to mine your current cal data, or sync up to the web what's on your phone.

I would never sign up for a service as with a bogus ID, just to have access to an application of any sort. Quite frankly, thats ridiculous to even suggest.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
You don't have to sync it with FB.

But why I have to login with my FB account ? Not transparent to me. If it will be optional I'm fine; mandatory: no way.
I use the FB app; but only since iOS6 with strict privacy setting like no access to camera roll, no address book, no calendar. Used browser version before only.
But hey, Sunrise will have a reason and hopefully not suffer too much if I'm not using their app. :D

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
But why I have to login with my FB account ? Not transparent to me. If it will be optional I'm fine; mandatory: no way.
I use the FB app; but only since iOS6 with strict privacy setting like no access to camera roll, no address book, no calendar. Used browser version before only.
But hey, Sunrise will have a reason and hopefully not suffer too much if I'm not using their app. :D
Oh I completely agree about it being optional at best. That said there's just so much pointless FUD about Facebook logins being used here and there and how crazy it would be to have a placeholder account just for login purposes (even though many of us have had and used similar accounts for similar reasons since the dawn of widespread internet) it's just sad...or humorous...or both really.

----------

Nor do I.

Not now, not ever.

Especially after the massive "special" tax credit POTUS just slipped Zuck under the table (till it was discovered).
And now politics in the mix of login accounts. That's pretty much along the lines of Godwin Law right there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.