Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abecedario

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2012
Hello, I got my ipad mini a few days ago and one of the first things I did was update it to 6.0.2, I read that the battery was supposed to last 10 hours while watching videos and right now I'm not even close to that, yesterday I started watching the dark knight rises, full bright and wifi on, I was at 60%, 2 hours and 40 minutes later when the movie ended I was at 11%, about 50% in 2 and a half hours, or 100% in 5 hours, more or less.

I've been reading that 6.0.2 is literally draining the batteries, I can't really tell wether this is true or not because I don't know what it was like before, but It would definetely explain this.

So, do you notice any difference since you updated to 6.0.2?

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
Hello, I got my ipad mini a few days ago and one of the first things I did was update it to 6.0.2, I read that the battery was supposed to last 10 hours while watching videos and right now I'm not even close to that, yesterday I started watching the dark knight rises, full bright and wifi on, I was at 60%, 2 hours and 40 minutes later when the movie ended I was at 11%, about 50% in 2 and a half hours, or 100% in 5 hours, more or less.

I've been reading that 6.0.2 is literally draining the batteries, I can't really tell wether this is true or not because I don't know what it was like before, but It would definetely explain this.

So, do you notice any difference since you updated to 6.0.2?

On 6.0.1 iPad mini watching dark knight rises hd from iTunes. Brightness around 50% it did not drain that fast for me. Actually I remember I was surprised how little battery it used. But again brightness was at 50% if you used full brightness for that long that sounds about right.

Edit: also close out apps in the background helps a little too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.