Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 29, 2014, 12:17 PM   #76
DisplacedMic
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMacBookPro View Post
i would say a less expensive tablet for a 7yr old especially when it will be dropped and things spilled on it..

Looks like a another spoiled child in society....
so where did your parents go wrong with you?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkslad View Post
I so would love to see your face when it gets broken. I think a 7 year old would love other more exciting 'toys' IMHO.
do you have kids?

my 7 year old doesn't have his own iPad but he's a careful, considerate little boy who wouldn't post nasty nonsense on the internet give me any concern regarding whether he would take care of it properly or not...

he uses my wife's to play his games and he takes great care of it. i don't think he's all that different in this regard. given the clumsiness factor of puberty, i would be more concerned about a 14 year old.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by omni View Post
a ball
yeah, because it's one or the other.
DisplacedMic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2014, 12:29 PM   #77
DisplacedMic
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanoir View Post
Agreed on that...like sunshine and fresh air!
yeah, because it's one or the other.
the guy you are agreeing with is being a huge wanker.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 01:49 PM   #78
ron7624
Contributor

Mini. Hands down. I loved mine and I'm 59+ years older. The 4 is too heavy for me to comfortably use for extended periods. I cew you did decide on the mini and I read through some of the posts. Amazing what a simple question will generate.

Last edited by ron7624; Dec 29, 2014 at 05:22 PM.
ron7624 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:25 AM   #79
page3
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceFernalld View Post
If you get him an iPad mini, he will throw it down in anger and say: "What is this ****? You think I want a 1024x768 display? Is this 2004? And really, an A5? 756 GeekBench? I'm not 6, dad."
My six year old son would do this.

He's finally getting an upgrade from an iPad 1 to a Mini 2 for his 7th Birthday. He can quote the specifications of all the models including their weight, colour combinations, processors, supported features etc etc. He's Autistic BTW, in case you couldn't tell.
page3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2015, 08:26 AM   #80
ScottNWDW
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to ScottNWDW
Instead of an iPad, how about a Pad of paper and a pen or pencil. They come in many sheet sizes and can come with anywhere from 50-250 sheets of paper. They are compatible with numerous types of styluses commonly called pens, pencils, markers, or crayons. They can even be used with some paints. Just imagine a blank sheet and they can fill it until their imagination ends, and then a quick tearing of the page out of the pad brings on another blank canvas that they can explore.

To save their work is a ingenious device called a folder, the papers can fit in there or they can be displayed on your refrigerator using these awesome things they call magnets.

Just imagine for less than $5 your child can have a whole world of creativity at their finger tips.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 06:41 PM   #81
mangomind
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottNWDW View Post
Instead of an iPad, how about a Pad of paper and a pen or pencil. They come in many sheet sizes and can come with anywhere from 50-250 sheets of paper. They are compatible with numerous types of styluses commonly called pens, pencils, markers, or crayons. They can even be used with some paints. Just imagine a blank sheet and they can fill it until their imagination ends, and then a quick tearing of the page out of the pad brings on another blank canvas that they can explore.

To save their work is a ingenious device called a folder, the papers can fit in there or they can be displayed on your refrigerator using these awesome things they call magnets.

Just imagine for less than $5 your child can have a whole world of creativity at their finger tips.
Yessss!!! This technology is unbelievably useful.
mangomind is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:50 AM   #82
DisplacedMic
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottNWDW View Post

Did you figure there weren't enough obnoxious posts in this thread or did you think yours too clever to pass on?

is there some reason why getting an ipad would preclude you from doing traditional arts and crafts? Is it one or the other?
Old Jan 11, 2015, 03:04 PM   #83
smooth
macrumors 6502

Send a message via Yahoo to smooth
Not sure why this post was resurrected 2 years later but I will agree that no one should be bashed or praised for what they buy their kids. It's a personal decision. My kids wanted iPads so they were told, save their allowance and we'd throw in some birthday cash to cover some of the cost. Expecting them not to, they did actually save up so they each got a Mini. They've had them almost 2 years now and both kids, now almost 11 and 8 years old, have treated them responsibly.

What I don't understand is the assumption that kids with technology don't do anything else. Both kids do sports and weather permitting, they are outside playing whenever possible. And thanks to several apps, my oldest knows more about Presidents and countries than anyone else I know.
iPod Shuffle
smooth is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2015, 03:16 PM   #84
Natzoo
macrumors 6502a

The mini. and a case
Natzoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad