Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BadWolf13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 17, 2009
Ever since I reinstalled from a backup, I've been getting this window popping up when I try to build and debug a program in XCode. It says "Type your password to allow Developer Tools Access to make changes." Now if I type in my password, it builds and runs just fine. It won't ask me for my password again, until I log out, or turn the computer off. Then, it repeats the process. Not exactly debilitating, but annoying nonetheless. Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

Oh, and if you're curious, I am logged in as the admin.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
What have you tried? Be specific.

If I google the error message Type your password to allow Developer Tools Access, the first result is this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1837889/authorize-a-non-admin-developer-in-xcode-mac-os

One reply describes how to add a user to the _developer group. Another reply mentions the DevToolsSecurity tool used from Terminal. Additional replies that describe other solutions, depending on Xcode and OS version. Since you didn't state your versions, you'll have to choose an applicable reply.

If you've already tried all of those things, then please say so. If you haven't, then see the link for details, and maybe try more googling.

Also, post the output of this command:
Code:
id -p
and see if you're a member of the _developer group.

BadWolf13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 17, 2009
Tried fixing permissions, didn't help.
Tried googling, didn't find anything useful.
Am part of the _developer group.

I'll try reinstalling XCode to see if that helps.

Senor Cuete

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
Try this:

Open a project. Open the organizer window from the windows menu. Click on the devices icon in the window header. In the column on the left there should be a heading called Devices. Select your machine under devices. Your computer should appear in the right (main) panel. There should be a button labeled "Enable developer mode". Click on it. This might work.

BadWolf13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 17, 2009
Thank you Senor, but it appears that your suggestion won't be necessary. Reinstalling XCode worked perfectly, thank you MacAndor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.