Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrbrycel

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2010
Sorry if this has been covered, but I couldn't find a definite answer.

I'm looking to get a 27" iMac when they come out, and another between March-May. The education discount states "one desktop per academic year". I'm a little confused on the term "academic year". But if I buy my first iMac in late December 2012 at student discount, does that allow me to then purchase another in early-mid 2013 since the purchases are in different calendar years?

SiriusFlash

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2012
I was able to buy an iMac in Nov. 2011 and a MBP in June 2012 with an education discount on both. I realize the timeframe isn't exactly like yours, but it is contrary to what SilentPanda said.

martinm0

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2010
I was able to buy an iMac in Nov. 2011 and a MBP in June 2012 with an education discount on both. I realize the timeframe isn't exactly like yours, but it is contrary to what SilentPanda said.

If I recall correctly, you're allowed one purchase from the desktop category and one from the laptop category, which is why you were able to get both in the same year.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
If I recall correctly, you're allowed one purchase from the desktop category and one from the laptop category, which is why you were able to get both in the same year.

You can buy one desktop, one laptop, and one mini all in the same academic year.

mrbrycel

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2010
Ahh ok, so for sure it's not possible to use the education discount on two desktops in two difference calendar years if it happens to fall between August and June?

tkilian

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2004
has anyone ever had an education purchase denied because of the time frame?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.