Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stanw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
I've noticed that Google Now on my Note2 tells me how long its going to take to get from home to work everyday and from work to home (without me asking) based on traffic. I guess its pulling my home address from my contact, however, I have no idea how it knows where I work? I guess it is observing my daily driving pattern? I do not have my work address listed in my contact.

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
I've noticed that Google Now on my Note2 tells me how long its going to take to get from home to work everyday and from work to home (without me asking) based on traffic. I guess its pulling my home address from my contact, however, I have no idea how it knows where I work? I guess it is observing my daily driving pattern? I do not have my work address listed in my contact.

It knows by analyzing your location. If you're at the same place everyday during the day, it'll assume it's work. If you're at the same place every night, it'll assume that it's your home.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
How do I get rid of that? I went to my friends house once and it thinks I work there now, It won't actually put my real work place in because it's not on Public roads so it wont recognise it.

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
How do I get rid of that? I went to my friends house once and it thinks I work there now, It won't actually put my real work place in because it's not on Public roads so it wont recognise it.

On the card that says work, top right there are 3 dots, tap them to edit location. I hope that helps.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Google Now thought I worked at an ATT store because I dropped by a couple times after receiving my phone. :p

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
Have a colleague at work that was dating two women at once and Google Now kept thinking one gal was "home" while the other was"work."

That could get you into serious trouble.....

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Have a colleague at work that was dating two women at once and Google Now kept thinking one gal was "home" while the other was"work."

Dating two women at once? I agree. Have him edit the home and work addresses or turn off the commute feature.

steviewhy

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011

He should assign whichever one is higher maintenance as "Work"

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I'm not impressed with the route Google Now suggests I get to work. It suggest a route that takes more time than my regular route.

That's all routing software. Assuming its not a new job you will probably know the best way to get there. :)

Of apple, google and Garmin only my stand alone Garmin takes me the fastest way to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.