Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
As a registered developer I've reported this issue as well as a thread on the ADC forums. I'm hoping to get a little more insight here.

I downloaded the .1 update, wouldn't install on 10.8 SSD, took three tries for it to "approve". After restarting Safari, moving Finder windows, EyeTV, etc all stutter. "Console" reports nothing regarding this issue, occurs on new accounts, did all the usual "fixes", nada. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks! :)

eagandale4114

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2011
As a registered developer I've reported this issue as well as a thread on the ADC forums. I'm hoping to get a little more insight here.

I downloaded the .1 update, wouldn't install on 10.8 SSD, took three tries for it to "approve". After restarting Safari, moving Finder windows, EyeTV, etc all stutter. "Console" reports nothing regarding this issue, occurs on new accounts, did all the usual "fixes", nada. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Im having general safari stuttering in .0. Great now it also affects video. Great.

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
Im having general safari stuttering in .0. Great now it also affects video. Great.

That's rough, had no idea some are experiencing Safari issues in the GM release. I'll check into that on the forums.

Yeah, this is odd. It seems to [generally] occur when dragging Finder/App windows and scrolling pages in Safari. Wonder if this has anything to do with kexts/etc for the "Retina" MacBook Pro's? Hmmm...

lotones

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2010

Not a developer (so only 10.8) but I've been having the same stuttering here with all the above. All fullscreen video stutters since upgrading to ML, though max-sized windows don't seem to have the same issue consistently. Madden 08 stutters, as did watching the Olympics and streaming the Curiosity landing fullscreen. But Real Racing 2 and Tiger Woods Online seem to be fine. I called it into applecare last week hoping it would get fixed by the .1 release.

A few nights ago I was trying to watch an EyeTV recording fullscreen and the stutter got really bad. Then the computer crashed and restarted itself. That was weird.

27" 2011 i7 imac 16gb btw...

Last edited:

macjunk(ie)

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2009
so much for the stability Apple is renowned for!
Did anyone get to the bottom of this ? Still have this issue in 10.8.2

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland

The fact that it took three attempts already shows that your system must have some gunk around. Try repairing permissions, running OnyX routines and updating to 10.8.2...I don't think other people are facing the same problems.

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
The fact that it took three attempts already shows that your system must have some gunk around. Try repairing permissions, running OnyX routines and updating to 10.8.2...I don't think other people are facing the same problems.

Former Genius here, and communications and infrastructure consultant, done it all. This is an old thread, the issue for me has been resolved with .2.

Thanks! Good luck with those experiencing the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.