Closed Thread

Old May 19, 2013, 10:27 AM   #151
osofast240sx
macrumors 68010

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehustleman View Post
Far from an apple troll.

Read my post history a bit more.

I'm anti iphone because it is just old technology at new prices and apple stopped bringing new stuff and capabilities to it, this is fact. As a former iphone owner I think I'm qualified to make that judgement call.

If you read my posts you would also see I'm still a big apple fan.

Just because I don't like the phone doesn't equate to me being an apple troll.

If I didn't like apple do you REALLY think I would have spent over two thousand dollars on one of their Pc's? 300 every couple years on the ipod? A hundred on an apple TV? 2,000
On a macbook pro? 330 on a mini? 600 on an ipad? 150 on the newest airport extreme?

NO!

I use and love of all of those products, so sorry, ask before you ignorantly assume someone is an apple hater.

You're actually talking to one of their biggest fans...
But your negative post don't help. And at the end of the day it's just a phone. Old technology? You clearly have no respect for technology or the people that create it.
Old May 19, 2013, 10:41 AM   #152
bag of kittens
macrumors regular

Quote:
Far from an apple troll.

I'm anti iphone because it is just old technology at new prices and apple stopped bringing new stuff and capabilities to it, this is fact. As a former iphone owner I think I'm qualified to make that judgement call.

If I didn't like apple do you REALLY think I would have spent over two thousand dollars on one of their Pc's? 300 every couple years on the ipod? A hundred on an apple TV? 2,000
On a macbook pro? 330 on a mini? 600 on an ipad? 150 on the newest airport extreme?

NO!

I use and love of all of those products, so sorry, ask before you ignorantly assume someone is an apple hater.

How much is Samsung paying you? Are you in Taiwan? I'd be willing to wax poetic about the S4 too, at a reasonable price.

Samsung also pays celebrities to disparage the iPhone, even though you can tell they USE iPhones and not the S4.

Dirty company, will never buy their products.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/04...ebrity-tweets/
bag of kittens is offline   1
Old May 19, 2013, 10:42 AM   #153
adildacoolset
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Far from an apple troll.

NO!

So you're trolling against the iPhone, but not the mac.
Last edited by adildacoolset; Tomorrow at 09:42 AM. Reason: grammar error
adildacoolset is offline   1
Old May 19, 2013, 10:45 AM   #154
bag of kittens
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by adildacoolset View Post
So you're trolling against the iPhone, but not the mac.
Yes, he is a troll.
bag of kittens is offline   1
Old May 19, 2013, 11:01 AM   #155
thehustleman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by bag of kittens View Post
How much is Samsung paying you? Are you in Taiwan? I'd be willing to wax poetic about the S4 too, at a reasonable price.

Samsung also pays celebrities to disparage the iPhone, even though you can tell they USE iPhones and not the S4.

Dirty company, will never buy their products.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/04...ebrity-tweets/
Not paying me anything, they're just making the best phones right now (although htc is coming close but missed the mark on a couple of things).

I don't care about their practices, i just like their (current and last previous generation, not anything before... ) phones because they are of great build quality, very functional, just great products overall.

Not paid anything by them.

People who love a product tend to be vocal about it (like you people with your iphones).

And no, I'm not a troll, if a post is presented about iphone or any other phone in going to weigh in on it good, bad, or indifferent
thehustleman is offline   0
Old May 19, 2013, 11:26 AM   #156
The-Real-Deal82
macrumors 6502a

What happens when innovation or supposed innovation starts to plateau? Over the past 18 months manufacturers have been racing each other to bring out phones with new features but there are signs this is slowing now. Apple still produce capable phones that do the standard tasks 99% of consumers want and only produce one phone model. It's a desirable brand and millions are still buying it. Whilst the geeks argue endlessly about who makes the best phone there are still many consumers like myself who are happy with the basics. This quest for new features helps marketing and pleases done, but some of us couldn't give a toss.
Old May 19, 2013, 11:54 AM   #157
thehustleman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Real-Deal82 View Post
What happens when innovation or supposed innovation starts to plateau? Over the past 18 months manufacturers have been racing each other to bring out phones with new features but there are signs this is slowing now. Apple still produce capable phones that do the standard tasks 99% of consumers want and only produce one phone model. It's a desirable brand and millions are still buying it. Whilst the geeks argue endlessly about who makes the best phone there are still many consumers like myself who are happy with the basics. This quest for new features helps marketing and pleases done, but some of us couldn't give a toss.
Well if you're comfortable with a basic phone with some smartphone features then fine.
Old May 19, 2013, 12:05 PM   #158
The-Real-Deal82
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Well if you're comfortable with a basic phone with some smartphone features then fine.
I think most people are in the same boat as me. A phone is a phone really and most of us do similar things on them day to day. I don't consider the iPhone basic, but if that is how the hobbyists see it then fine. Its a nice to use phone and popular, I don't feel I am restricted at all. Then again there is a thread here showing someone turning lights on in their house with a phone so I don't think the demographic here is very accurate with what the average joe looks for in a phone.
Old May 19, 2013, 12:14 PM   #159
osofast240sx
macrumors 68010

Quote:
What company make a basic phone with smartphone features?
Old May 19, 2013, 12:16 PM   #160
thehustleman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by osofast240sx View Post
Obviously apple
Old May 19, 2013, 12:21 PM   #161
osofast240sx
macrumors 68010

Quote:
Obviously apple
So why do u post in the iPhone specific forum?
Old May 19, 2013, 12:42 PM   #162
thehustleman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
So why do u post in the iPhone specific forum?
I just post.

I use Tapatalk and I post in the first topics I see
Old May 19, 2013, 04:20 PM   #163
decafjava
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Quote:
Obviously apple
Obviously not.
decafjava is offline   1
Old May 19, 2013, 05:25 PM   #164
AutoUnion39
macrumors 68020

Wow, what a hilarious thread. Can't believe people get so worked up and start name calling over their beloved iPhone.
Old May 19, 2013, 05:30 PM   #165
jvmxtra
macrumors 65816

For me, when note 3 finally comes out, I will say bye bye to iphone. Apple just will not listen and explorer other sizes for those of us who's been begging for apple to make multiple sizes phones. Their reason? old 3.5 inch screen size from 2007 is the best fit for all people. Remind many many years later, they claim the same thing.(except the lame iphone 5 w/ 4 inch).

This is a company who cannot adapt gracefully. That's for sure. No wonder.
Old May 19, 2013, 05:57 PM   #166
Fouracre44
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmxtra View Post
For me, when note 3 finally comes out, I will say bye bye to iphone. Apple just will not listen and explorer other sizes for those of us who's been begging for apple to make multiple sizes phones. Their reason? old 3.5 inch screen size from 2007 is the best fit for all people. Remind many many years later, they claim the same thing.(except the lame iphone 5 w/ 4 inch).

This is a company who cannot adapt gracefully. That's for sure. No wonder.

I have to agree with this post, and it was one of the reasons why I didn't buy the iPhone 5. They just aren't listening anymore. Won't introduce many features that are already existent on other handsets, Frivolously suing Samsung all the time, and then there's the durability of the new iphone 5. I just feel as if the iphone 5 doesn't reflect the same amount of design and quality as their other products such as their macbooks, imacs etc.. the iphone 3gs, 4 & 4s did however.
Fouracre44 is offline   1
Old May 19, 2013, 07:27 PM   #167
tjl3
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouracre44 View Post
I have to agree with this post, and it was one of the reasons why I didn't buy the iPhone 5. They just aren't listening anymore. Won't introduce many features that are already existent on other handsets, Frivolously suing Samsung all the time, and then there's the durability of the new iphone 5. I just feel as if the iphone 5 doesn't reflect the same amount of design and quality as their other products such as their macbooks, imacs etc.. the iphone 3gs, 4 & 4s did however.
Meh on the size. Personally, if they found a way to make the 5S such that it had none of the scuffing, chipping, scratching issues the 5 had, it would be miles ahead of the 5.

Not sure what the lawsuits have to do with iPhone being or not being the best though as both companies are suing each other constantly.
tjl3 is offline   0
Old May 19, 2013, 07:34 PM   #168
Kjung7
macrumors newbie

I've been using a note 2 and just switched to an iPhone 5. While the phone was really good it really was just too big. I personally didn't use the spen as much as I thought so it wasn't too hard to give up. Yes, the iPhone screen is a lot smaller, but I realized that it's really nice to be able to use a phone one handed again since my hands aren't that big. Also, I had trouble fitting the note 2 into my scrubs at school.

Samsung put a lot of effort into putting in cool new features, but the problem is the lack of integration. For example, multiwindow is a neat idea but it lacks integration throughout the whole OS. On top of that, carriers allow some features to stay while others don't. For example, AT&T allows blocking mode, but Verizon doesn't.

The iPhone has little features such as tap to go to top of page baked through the whole OS. It's those little things that really makes the OS feel polished and stable. Once Samsung gets to that point I believe they will be in par with Apple.

But in the end it's whatever phone suits you best, and for me it's the iPhone 5 and in no way is this last years tech. While specs might matter in the end what matters is how well the software integrates the hardware and so far Apple is the best at that hands down.
Kjung7 is offline   0
Old May 19, 2013, 07:45 PM   #169
AutoUnion39
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjung7 View Post
Samsung put a lot of effort into putting in cool new features, but the problem is the lack of integration. For example, multiwindow is a neat idea but it lacks integration throughout the whole OS. On top of that, carriers allow some features to stay while others don't. For example, AT&T allows blocking mode, but Verizon doesn't.

The iPhone has little features such as tap to go to top of page baked through the whole OS. It's those little things that really makes the OS feel polished and stable. Once Samsung gets to that point I believe they will be in par with Apple.
You're forgetting that things like multi-window, etc are supported by Samsung, but it's up to the dev community to use them. Samsung is not to blame. It's the devs who are too lazy to.
Old May 19, 2013, 07:47 PM   #170
Fouracre44
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjl3 View Post
Meh on the size. Personally, if they found a way to make the 5S such that it had none of the scuffing, chipping, scratching issues the 5 had, it would be miles ahead of the 5.

Not sure what the lawsuits have to do with iPhone being or not being the best though as both companies are suing each other constantly.

I agree. Just design a better phone.. I know it's beautiful but quite fragile for even a smart phone.

I just think apple's been excessive in the lawsuits, almost petty. Samsung has also though I admit.
Fouracre44 is offline   0
Old May 19, 2013, 07:51 PM   #171
Kjung7
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion39 View Post
You're forgetting that things like multi-window, etc are supported by Samsung, but it's up to the dev community to use them. Samsung is not to blame. It's the devs who are too lazy to.
I do realize that but I used a ROM by Scott that allowed me to use multiview with any app. I think Samsung could figure out how to do that too. It's not only that but things like airview could use better integration too.
Kjung7 is offline   0
Old May 19, 2013, 07:54 PM   #172
AutoUnion39
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjung7 View Post
I do realize that but I used a ROM by Scott that allowed me to use multiview with any app. I think Samsung could figure out how to do that too. It's not only that but things like airview could use better integration too.
What ROM is this? Could you link me please? Would love to try it out before I sell my Note 2 soon

I do agree with you though. Devs need to take advantage of everything Samsung devices can do these days. Airview, Multiwindow, etc. They're too busy trying to cater to everyone, but the GS3/S4/Note 2 are probably the most popular Android devices out now. Devs need to cater to these people.

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland